E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM Module replacement? or is there a different route?

11-17-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
Blackacee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

FRM Module replacement? or is there a different route?

Hello,

So I have a 2007 328xi and I have a headlight out error on my dash and it beeps every 5 seconds. I took it to a BMW dealer and they said they need to change the FRM module and that it would be $1000. I've been trying to look up if anyone else has had this problem to see if there is an easier solution or what the problem could actually be? Below I am going to post some info on the car to help pinpoint my solution.

Manufacture date:11/20/2006

Tail light picture(I've read something about needing a specific FRM module for different taillights) :
View post on imgur.com

I did go to HID's before the problem and now ever since I switched back to regular bulbs because of being annoyed with the beeping it still beeps as if the headlight is out. Hopefully this is enough info for someone to help me understand the problem and maybe give a better answer on what I should do.

-Also someone else said something about reflashing it?

Thanks,

Anthony
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

you need to read error codes
if there is short circuit error code in FRM, it can be cleared using special diagnostic tools
if this error will not be cleared using such software, you need to replace FRM
there are plenty of them on ebay,
you do not need special version of them because you do not have Adaptive Xenon or Xenon, simple FRM1 FRMFA will fit
      11-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Blackacee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you need to read error codes
if there is short circuit error code in FRM, it can be cleared using special diagnostic tools
if this error will not be cleared using such software, you need to replace FRM
there are plenty of them on ebay,
you do not need special version of them because you do not have Adaptive Xenon or Xenon, simple FRM1 FRMFA will fit
Ok I had bought this thing called BlueDriver and it didn't show any error codes which I thought was funny because my vehicle check light is always on and when my car beeps its this symbol(
View post on imgur.com
). And worse case I should get a FRM1 off ebay and have it coded to my car?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #4
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
You need to clear any short circuits on your FRM, clear codes and code out bulb checks for your retro/aftermarket lights.
Appreciate 0