F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > parking lamp malfunction
Extreme Powerhouse

11-20-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
Zook024
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

parking lamp malfunction

Hi guys, when I hopped into my 2013 328i xdrive yesterday afternoon I received a warning stating parking lamp malfunction. After getting home I looked around the car while in park (with the engine off and lights on) discovered my right front headlight was out. The light went on just fine while in drive. I brought this up with my dealership who said they may need to hold onto the car for quite some time to inspect it so now I'm afraid this is going to quickly get expensive (more for the labor than anything else).

Has anyone heard of this issue before and does it make more sense to bring it to a smaller garage first to get it looked at first?

Update: After brining it to the attention of my dealership's service center earlier today, they said it is a simple bulb repair that they have seen often and claim replace in about an hour. Luckily I am still under warranty and scheduled to bring it in next week.

For those curious here is what I am talking about:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Zook024; 11-20-2015 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0