E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > BMR experience

11-23-2015, 02:33 AM   #1
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

BMR experience

Hi, just wonder how long normally do you receive the product that you have ordered from BMR?

I ordered something but there isn't any email telling me if the items have been shipped nor any tracking number.
Tried email them but no one responds..

I have only ordered something cheap for this occasion, but I don't feel comfortable if I need to order anything expensive in the future now..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 03:32 AM   #2
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Hi, just wonder how long normally do you receive the product that you have ordered from BMR?

I ordered something but there isn't any email telling me if the items have been shipped nor any tracking number.
Tried email them but no one responds..

I have only ordered something cheap for this occasion, but I don't feel comfortable if I need to order anything expensive in the future now..
I don't buy anything from BMR anymore. Others may have had a different experience, but I too have been burnt by slow deliveries and lack of feedback. On the upside they will usually cancel your order and refund your money if you can get in touch with them.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 03:53 AM   #3
Scotty89
Buy a 335 they said... It'll be fun they said...
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I think Lehman waited for like 3 months for a charge pipe and then got a refund because nothing was happening.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
CYL
Major
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
BEE35i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Have you tried calling them OP? Same thing happened to me but I took the initiative to call them instead of having a cry on a forum

Their emails were down for some time over the last week intermittently.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #6
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEE35i View Post
Have you tried calling them OP? Same thing happened to me but I took the initiative to call them instead of having a cry on a forum

Their emails were down for some time over the last week intermittently.
No one has time to keep calling them after every order they do. So far I've had 4 separate orders with BMR at different times this year and after 4 weeks of not receiving them I had to call up. In one case I had to call up every week for 6 weeks until my order came through.

Now I am waiting for an item that I ordered at the very start of this month, its been 24 days and I haven't even received an email indicating that the item is on its way.

Only go with BMR if you're not in a hurry, or if you have the time and effort to keep calling up and pushing them to despatch your order. I am never in a hurry for car parts that's why I still deal with BMR, car parts are not going to save lives lol
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #7
waterbottle1
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitos_7 View Post
No one has time to keep calling them after every order they do. So far I've had 4 separate orders with BMR at different times this year and after 4 weeks of not receiving them I had to call up. In one case I had to call up every week for 6 weeks until my order came through.

Now I am waiting for an item that I ordered at the very start of this month, its been 24 days and I haven't even received an email indicating that the item is on its way.

Only go with BMR if you're not in a hurry, or if you have the time and effort to keep calling up and pushing them to despatch your order. I am never in a hurry for car parts that's why I still deal with BMR, car parts are not going to save lives lol

that what i rekon too. "only when your not in a hurry"
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 05:26 AM   #8
CYL
Major
Rep

I am not really in a hurry but just don't feel comfortable if there is no tracking method or not even having any feedback from the other end.
I don't even know if it is shipped or what now.

"Hello and thank you for your email,

Enquiries
We will endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 24 hours

Orders
All orders in stock will be processed within 24 hours and a tracking number should be provided within 48 hours. If your product is not in stock or we anticipate delays, a member of our team will be in contact within 48 hours.

For any other questions or enquiries please reply to this email."

Still no one responding after sending the email to them 1 week ago.... If there isn't anyone responding, why making such statement.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 05:59 AM   #9
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Have you ever used a phone before CYL?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Yes.
But it's not whether giving a call or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #11
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

For the price they're charging for their products you'd expect the service and delivery time to be very good. Otherwise why would you bother buying from them vs just getting it overseas?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22
I don't think he put phone calls in his budget lol
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #13
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Yes.
But it's not whether giving a call or not.
If you want to know what is happening with your orders you need to call them not ask us every little question you have for things we don't control, we don't work at BMR.

If what you bought is in stock they would have sent it if it isn't then just wait till it is. Everyone is different some get their orders 3 days later some get them 3 months later.

The time you wasted making this post you could have have just called and asked Stu yourself.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #14
iliketurtl3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lol da fugg - some of u think its OK to have customers follow up orders over the phone all the time?

He shouldn't have to call them; maybe it's a standard because some think it's OK to call and get updates over the phone all the time.

I've personally never had issues with bmr so I can't add to your frustration op. But I'm 100% with you that you shouldn't have to call them up.
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #15
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

This is an old but all too familiar topic from the 1 forums.

There are alternatives if you dont want to be your own customer service representative. BMR are good people, but that doesn't necessarily make for appropriate business practice.

One of the options is here on 3 and on the 1 forum...a lot of stock carried and professional service and feedback. He just needs to pull his finger out and get a website or facebook page going.

Try JD75 if you cant cop the BMR style.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #16
CYL
Major
Rep

Sorry for creating the post...but the reason why I did it originally was just to see how's the others purchase experience with BMR only.

I tried to support local business, wasn't in a rush and that's why I sent email rather than making phone calls, and I got that it is the BMR style after seeing Socket and Scotty replies, I GOT THAT.

I was just wondering why there isn't anyone responding to the email, what if someone is after a more expensive item such as iPe exhaust? If they are not responding to it timely, they may lose some potential sales. Or maybe my order is too small and they don't bother. lol

but yeah, I think customer service is the key to success in a business, particularly in a competitive market.

But don't get me wrong, I am not saying BMR guys are not good, I am sure they are very nice and knowledgeable guys in our cars.

Anyway, I learnt a lesson now when I need to buy anything in the future.
Thanks everyone, and my apology if my post has annoyed you.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #17
MJ80.
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i DCT Individual

Dont apologize, its unacceptable to pay for something and not be contacted if its not in stock or if there are delays. Its unacceptable to not get emails back too in 2015, however i would have personally called and all of this would most likely be avoided. Should you have to ? No, but you could have taken the initiative and called aswell.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #18
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
I purchased a set of gloss black grills from BMR.

21 September I placed the order
7 October I got an email saying it had been shipped.

They are slow, I didn't call but I did email asking what was going on, Stuart actually called me to talk about the order ( He advised I don't need Angel eye LEDs because he remembered my car was LCI so that was removed from the order)

I think the slowness may be due to the way they deal with stock, they might take a customers order then go an order from overseas themselves.

Although even international shipping isn't that slow, so I dunno.

I think they are good people but might treat the website as a secondary part of their business.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #19
kOncept
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I don't know why people are bagging him for making this thread.

I've never had an issue with BMR, Stu has even taken time during his Christmas holiday to pick up and post an item I needed urgently.
But who knows? Maybe he's much busier now than he was back then.

These types of threads should not be discouraged, they provide information to this community.
Now everyone here knows what to expect when dealing with BMR (there may be delays and if there are you will have to give them a call).

For example, if someone had made a thread about the "smoking" upgraded turbos issue earlier, how much time and money would it have saved everyone else in the community?
Forum members would have been aware that if you choose to upgrade your turbos with this "smoking" brand then there's a chance it will happen to you too.
Instead it was kept quiet "for the vendor to resolve" while more and more members fell into the trap.

I think product/vendor reviews are beneficial to the Australian E90post community and should be encouraged.

On another note, if you want good service try JD75. He can answer all your questions and steer you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #20
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Stu has been hit and miss for me and it is very much like what you all have experienced here.

Have bought various items from him including DCIs, gear knobs, BMW PE, LCI tail lights, oil filters, charge pipe etc

About half of them ended up making it to me and the other half ends up as a cancelled order. The common theme is the ones that reach me required me to follow up on status/stock and from there the experience was a breeze.. otherwise you're left in the unknown

I do agree that as the customer we should not be left in the dark about our orders - communication in Australia correlates to quality.

Am using JD75 atm for my orders now however we'll see!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 09:38 PM   #21
bmwheath
11 second stock turbo club. 11.6@120mph
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

If your in any kind of hurry for your parts DO NOT ORDER FROM BMR! If you have a spare 3-6 months then i would say feel free lol... Stuart is a nice bloke & very professional, but the delivery times are just not acceptable, have to constantly follow up, very stressful.
Order parts from the states and have them at your door in a week
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim

Last edited by bmwheath; 11-27-2015 at 04:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #22
waterbottle1
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I personally don't think you should be sorry at all making this thread,
its only a question to the public .

It is normal for one to question the whereabouts/status of an item they purchased. If it was delayed or on backorder, a simple email from the supplier would be great.

Go to a restaurant, and your food doesn't come for 30mins, 45mins 1hr. i doubt you will sit and wait any longer. shit will hit the fan
Either you would complain or request on status of your meal.
Then nobody comes back to you nor explains anything to you... you just left thinking dafckkk!? and flip the table.

But in the end, i guess youll get your stuff . lol
Appreciate 0