BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) First 550 miles 2.0 xline auto

11-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
Les Paul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Xline Auto

First 550 miles 2.0 xline auto

Had the car over a week now and still very pleased and impressed. Mix of motorway and muddy lanes.

MPG seems to be pretty near the published figures which is something I've never experienced ! This is based on trip computer, but seems to stack up with actual consumption. I have not been driving everywhere in eco mode and we have had some chilly starts.Further, diesels usually take a few K to loosen up so.......fingers crossed.

Ride comfort IMO is very good (don't have damper adjustment) - yes the tyres seem noisy on concrete/ridges motorway surface, however normal tarmac is fine. These things tend to be a bit subjective. Certainly goes where pointed and handles confidently.

HK stereo is well balanced, not boomy or unrefined at pretty near max vol. Great antidote to any tyre, road, wind or other noise!

Still trying to find most comfortable driving position (not an issue , just experimenting) Current set up obscures the readouts in lower part of binacle and stop/start cancellation button.

I'm new to BMW however, if there is any "active sound" on the 2.0 D, I guess it is purely a noice cancelling process (like Lotus used to do), as there appears no function to control or alter this on the idrive.

Auto is super smooth and crisp when using the paddles....though I am still running in,so being gentle.

Finaly, one of the best features for me is the interior at night. The thin line LED and ambient lights I think have been judged correctly ...subtle, tasteful and classy.

I hope you folk who are awaiting yours, will see from the above, only good things to look forward to !
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
haynstyleM2
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting mines!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 05:24 AM   #3
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Great to see more happy owners.

Coasting mode in Eco Pro is great. Give it a try if you're on a quiet motorway. Engine drops down to idle and the car just coasts with just tyre/air resistance. I'm looking forward to my trip to Sheffield next weekend. Planning on using Comfort going up M1 and Eco Pro back down for comparison.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 05:37 AM   #4
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Glad that the early impressions seem to be positive. We are enjoying our long term demo and are looking forward to placing an order for our car very soon.