BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

12-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
Bad Robot
No, dear, you wouldn't like driv.. LOOK! SQUIRREL!
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Sakhir/Black Merino

Review of Hendrick BMW Certified Body Shop, Concord, NC

Good work under difficult circumstances should be recognized, so I wanted to post a brief review of my recent experience with the Hendrick BMW Certified Body Shop in Concord, N.C. In a word, it was really good.

I got rear-ended recently by an old Mustang. It barely dented the kid's Mustang, but gouged my rear bumper cover and knocked the right exhaust tip sideways.

I took the car over to Hendrick and once they popped off the bumper cover, they discovered more damage than the other driver's insurance company had originally estimated.

National General Insurance, representing the other driver, estimated damages of about $3,800. Hendrick said it was $5,800. National General paid the whole tab without complaint. My insurance company was never involved beyond me notifying them of the incident.

Although Hendrick kept the car 17 days for the repair, they did a good job of diligently checking for damage and matching the difficult Sakhir Orange paint. No matter what the factory says about computer-matching paint codes, it's tough to repaint that color. Although the only new body pieces were the actual bumper cover and tow-hook cover, the painter feathered the new paint onto the quarter panels, and up over C and B pillars. It looks as good as new.

My only complaint about the process was how long it took. But I can't blame Hendrick for any of that because they were sourcing parts from Germany and the U.S.

My advisor at Hendrick was Stan Lynch, and I give him the highest rating in terms of communication and attention to detail. Also, there's an Enterprise rental office in the Hendrick lobby, so picking up a rental for the repair period was easy.

So if you're in the Charlotte area and you find yourself in similar difficult circumstances, I hope you'll have a good experience like me at the Hendrick shop. I definitely recommend calling Stan to set up your visit.
2015 M4, Sakhir/Black Merino, DCT, LEDs, 19-inch, Harmon-Kardon, Executive Package, Driver Assistance. Sit down. Buckle up. Mash that button yonder. Flick that lever to the right. Mash that other button on the steering wheel, twice. Now punch that pedallLLLAHHH!

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
KASM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Hope I don't ever need it but great info. I hope to see you around. I have MG M4
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
M_car_boy
Registered
Rep
Drives: GT4

Thank you for the information.
Appreciate 0