E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Injector recall campaign

12-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
nmE335
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Injector recall campaign

Hey guys, I've purchased a 07 335i a few weeks ago, after abit of research my car has the dreaded n54 injector tick. I was wondering has anyone sucessfully gotten the "recall" within the last 2 years? I'm almost certain the car was never taken in for the campaign. Thought I'd ask here before I call up and get given some bullshit by bmw on why they cant do it.

I've done a pretty decent search through the forum and cant find too much info on it in Australia.

If not best place to get injectors?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Injector tick? Could be normal if you are not used to n54s

Would be best to get your codes read first prior to making such an expensive fix.

Mine had stuttering cold starts from a leaky injector, BMW Australia does not honour the recalls that occurred in the US so you will have to fork out the money yourself.

I sourced mine from rockauto:

BMW prices: ~$3000 for injectors
~$120 for decoupler units

RockAuto: ~$900 for injectors
get decouplers from BMW

Some people have hit and miss experiences with rockauto though, so do your due diligence.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #3
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmE335 View Post
Hey guys, I've purchased a 07 335i a few weeks ago, after abit of research my car has the dreaded n54 injector tick. I was wondering has anyone sucessfully gotten the "recall" within the last 2 years? I'm almost certain the car was never taken in for the campaign. Thought I'd ask here before I call up and get given some bullshit by bmw on why they cant do it.

I've done a pretty decent search through the forum and cant find too much info on it in Australia.

i had two changed in 2012 under the recall and then changed other 4 under my extended warranty 2014.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #4
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmE335 View Post

You can call bmw and provide them with the vin # to see if there are any outstanding recalls on the vehicle.

A few years ago i heard of some guys getting free injectors here in australia back when i thought i was having injector issues but AFAIK there was no recall?

When i started a thread for injectors there was a link with a few guys who had got the recall by memory

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834988

my car was a bmw premium select vehicle, and of course my dealer said injectors werent covered they're a consumable component like brake pads... Those farkers will never see me again that's for sure
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 07:35 AM   #5
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

A campaign is something they are supposed to do when you bring the car in for other things (servicing etc) but a recall is much more serious where they ask owners to come in specifically for the fix. The latter is a much more public admission of guilt/oversight and is avoided whenever possible!

If you know someone who works there pass them your VIN and ask them to run it for you to see if any campaigns were performed on your vehicle or if any are outstanding.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

My dealer's Master Tech confirmed that the ticking is normal for the N54s.
This was after all 6 injectors were replaced as well (as they leaked causing far worse problems!)
Appreciate 0