E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > HELP: Xenon AHL retrofit

12-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
Black09BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive

Garage List
HELP: Xenon AHL retrofit

I recently purchased a set of xenon AHL headlights from an LCI to put on my LCI e90 that has standard halogen lights. I understand they will need to be coded, and maybe change a pin or two around. But has anyone successfully completed the retrofit without the Adaptive modules installed? I've read from a couple people than if you don't install the modules and code the car to not have the AHL system the car and headlights won't recognize them. Then I can manually adjust the angles of the projectors with the manual adjustment screws. Am I correct with this reasoning? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
Black09BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Bump
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Leah1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport

Hi,
I've gone from lci halogens to lci bi xenon,using the bmw retrofit guide but not ahl,
Yes I suppose you could adjust the headlights as you can any headlight they just won't turn on corners.
Your much better off doing it the oem way, proper retrofit wiring, sensors, frm module etc ,
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
Black09BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1
Hi,
I've gone from lci halogens to lci bi xenon,using the bmw retrofit guide but not ahl,
Yes I suppose you could adjust the headlights as you can any headlight they just won't turn on corners.
Your much better off doing it the oem way, proper retrofit wiring, sensors, frm module etc ,
I talked with my coding guy and he said that it will be easy and that coding the AHL modules out is simple and he actually does it for quite a few people as the modules like to throw codes so people just have them coded out. Curious as to what retrofit guide you had used and maybe you have a link?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #5
Leah1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport

Can't seem to find it right now, but it is on the net have a search halogen lci too lci xenon official bmw instructions, should come across it then.
It wouldn't be a problem to just modify the wiring and code out the errors, but to do it proper and legal depending on what country your in you need auto levellers, headlight washers this is mandatory in the UK, and I wanted everything OEM which is why I did it the proper way.
Appreciate 0