BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

12-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Thinking about i8 purchase - input appreciated!

Guys,

As the thread name states, I'm thinking about an i8 purchase (or more likely lease), and I'd love to get some input.

First off - some background. The i8 would be a "daily driver." My wife's Q5 serves as our kiddie hauler, I have an R8 V10 that serves as my fun/exotic car, and I currently have a 550xi that serves as my DD. I'd be replacing the 550xi with the i8 here. Let me also define "DD" - I don't actually commute anywhere. I work from home, so my 550xi gets driven about 6k - 7k miles a year, mainly for an occasional business trip, going to the airport, an errand, restaurant, etc. But I DO live in the north-east, and I need my DD to be "snow capable" - not an all-out champ, per say, but capable if I needed to drive it for some reason. I also mainly travel alone, sometimes with one passenger. On a rare occasion, I may also take my wife and toddler out.

So, with that as some background, here are a few of my questions:

- Do you feel the i8 would work here as a "DD"?

- While I would rarely carry my toddler (2.5 y/o), and I see the back seat has seat latches, is it actually usable for this on occasion? Anyone using a car seat back there?

- I don't expect to be out in the snow very often, but as I said above, it would be a requirement here and there. How is the car in light to moderate snow? Are the tires that come fixed summer performance only, and if so have some of you swapped for A/S or winters?

- I've read about some drivetrain issues here, and it got me thinking about reliability of this new tech in general. I'm not expecting super-high reliability, but it's important not to get stuck hours from home on a business trip either. Is reliability a major concern for owners here?

- This may be a more silly question, but never having owned a plug-in hybrid, what happens if you fail to plug it in? Is it just that you can't get pure electric drive? What about full/max power? I'm thinking about road trips where I may not have any option to plug it in.

Those are probably my "big questions" right now... also a few minor ones:

- Is there no "smart key" for the i8 like the new 7?

- It looks like the 2016 only offers 3 "worlds" - no longer have Pure Impulse?

- With a fully loaded 550xi, I've grown accustomed to many of the "niceties" and tech - much of which looks to be missing on the i8 (no option for it) - blind spot detection, automatic cruise control, ventilated seats, etc. Is this accurate? I suppose I could live without it, but it feels a bit odd that the technical showpiece for BMW is missing some of this - likely for weight savings, I'd think, but at a minimum I see the blind spot detection as an important safety feature (especially in a car with such large C-pillars).

Anyway, sorry for the long intro post here. I've owned BMWs for the past 15 years - always some form of sedan - and I feel it may be time for a different kind of BMW. I'd really like the next to be an i8, but I'm admittedly a bit skeptical going into it. For the money, nearly any other luxury sedan or mainstream sports-car can be had... so I'd like to make sure it's the right decision. If not the i8, there's a good chance I'd just wait for the next 5er and get that - but, like I said, I feel it's time for a mix-up. I'd also likely lease the car, as I don't think it would be a "keeper" for me... but open to input on that choice, as well.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 03:51 PM   #2
MalibuBimmer
Founder, Knights of the Roundel website
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 and 2018 AMG GT

Garage List
2018 Mercedes AMG GT  [0.00]
2018 Audi Q3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post

- Do you feel the i8 would work here as a "DD"? Yes.

- While I would rarely carry my toddler (2.5 y/o), and I see the back seat has seat latches, is it actually usable for this on occasion? Anyone using a car seat back there? Not me but others do. My daughter has had a short -- 5'6" -- friend in the back.

- I don't expect to be out in the snow very often, but as I said above, it would be a requirement here and there. How is the car in light to moderate snow? Are the tires that come fixed summer performance only, and if so have some of you swapped for A/S or winters? Our Finnish freidns say it's a very competent snow car. You will want winter tires/wheels.

- I've read about some drivetrain issues here, and it got me thinking about reliability of this new tech in general. I'm not expecting super-high reliability, but it's important not to get stuck hours from home on a business trip either. Is reliability a major concern for owners here? It's a BMW. Cutting edge tech sometimes leads to issues but no more than any of my other BMWs.

- This may be a more silly question, but never having owned a plug-in hybrid, what happens if you fail to plug it in? Is it just that you can't get pure electric drive? What about full/max power? I'm thinking about road trips where I may not have any option to plug it in. You never have to plug it in -- but you will. You can re-charge it in Sport.

- Is there no "smart key" for the i8 like the new 7? Sadly no smart key on the horizon

- It looks like the 2016 only offers 3 "worlds" - no longer have Pure Impulse? You can no longer pay BMW an extra $10,000 for a silly card, a leather cover for the engine compartment, painted brake calipers and other PI identification b.s.

- With a fully loaded 550xi, I've grown accustomed to many of the "niceties" and tech - much of which looks to be missing on the i8 (no option for it) - blind spot detection, automatic cruise control, ventilated seats, etc. Is this accurate? I suppose I could live without it, but it feels a bit odd that the technical showpiece for BMW is missing some of this - likely for weight savings, I'd think, but at a minimum I see the blind spot detection as an important safety feature (especially in a car with such large C-pillars).You'll survive. I have the same things on my other BMWs. After a while you'll enjoy the pure driving experience without all the cushy extras.
Bottom line: Get one!
Previously: 2014 i8; 2013 650i convertible; 2013 650i Gran Coupe; 2013 X1; 2010 550i GT; 2010 535 GT; 2010 Z4 3.5; 2008 535ixt; 2007 M6 convertible; 2006 650i convertible; 1996 Z3; 1980 633CSi; 1978 630CS; 1972 3.0CS; 1971 Bavaria. (1971; 1979-2005 & 2017 - ? -- the Mercedes years.)
Appreciate 5
      12-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
MalibuBimmer nailed it. Buy it!

I am in your same circumstance as I work from home, as well. The i8 makes taking short runs a real pleasure with much less drama than your R8 V10. Silent running is an amazing and will change your perspective on what performance means.

Some may disagree but I think it redefines what sports cars will be in the future.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #4
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I am in the same boat, thinking about swapping my M3 for the i-8. Ventilated seats are available, and plenty of interesting 'luxury' items. I will need to use it as a DD and a long distance (1k) cruiser. I'm not sensing the flexibility of the M3, which holds my three 6'3" sons just fine. Plus it looks like a back-tweaker to load a toddler in and out of a car seat. And the issue of a roof rack to haul windsurfers etc. seems worse than the M3

But the real stickler for me is the potential depreciation cost. No ED, so that savings (and fun!) not there. And the 'deals' on the 2015 models are crap, 'pure impulse' optioned up that I don't want. Give me 10k off 2016 invoice and a reasonable trade in on the M3 and I'm close. I love the i-8.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 06:55 AM   #5
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
I am in the same boat, thinking about swapping my M3 for the i-8. Ventilated seats are available, and plenty of interesting 'luxury' items. I will need to use it as a DD and a long distance (1k) cruiser. I'm not sensing the flexibility of the M3, which holds my three 6'3" sons just fine. Plus it looks like a back-tweaker to load a toddler in and out of a car seat. And the issue of a roof rack to haul windsurfers etc. seems worse than the M3

But the real stickler for me is the potential depreciation cost. No ED, so that savings (and fun!) not there. And the 'deals' on the 2015 models are crap, 'pure impulse' optioned up that I don't want. Give me 10k off 2016 invoice and a reasonable trade in on the M3 and I'm close. I love the i-8.
I can vouch for the daily driving and the 1K trip requirements: The i8 is an absolute champ.

The cargo carrying and transporting 6'3" humans...not so much. Unless you are willing to transport your sons one at a time, the i8 is probably not the best choice. How often do you have everyone in the M3?

I won't comment too much on the depreciation issue because everyone has a different tolerance for it. For me, the fun aspect is the most important part of owning the car. I balanced the finances by looking at the total cost of ownership vs an F430 (my other choice) and the i8 saves about $60,000 in total ownership costs over 4 years.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted as you make your decision.

Cheers-mk

P.S. I would reconsider the Pure Impulse option on the 2015 if I were you. I absolutely could not live without the carbon fiber Pure Impulse identity card. It was worth every dime.

Last edited by MKSixer; 12-24-2015 at 07:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #6
Hitz101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 + Lamborghini Huracan LP610

Just recently traded my r8 in & paid extra cash on top to get my i8 fully owned title in hand. Glad i did it, never looking back.

Get one. No way you would not like it. I plan to have mine for a long time or at least 3 years or so.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
twm6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Protonic Blue I8

i dd my i8, wouldnt have it any other way
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #8
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

it's not bad as a daily driver. It is missing some tradition BMW technology such as memory seats, blind spot detection and heated steering wheel. otherwise great car. Not as low as the M4 and you do get used to the wide side sill for ingress and egress.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 11:52 PM   #9
Hitz101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 + Lamborghini Huracan LP610

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru View Post
it's not bad as a daily driver. It is missing some tradition BMW technology such as memory seats, blind spot detection and heated steering wheel. otherwise great car. Not as low as the M4 and you do get used to the wide side sill for ingress and egress.
It really annoys me that there is not blind spot mirror light or anything. Like WTF its a 140k car with all this crazy tech & your telling me the small lights in the mirrors would have made the car that much heavier or whatever lol.

I miss those from my a7
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm going to probably need to spend some time with one to decide. Driving my 550xi around a LOT for the holidays, I'm a bit less convinced the i8 would deliver what I need in a DD. Granted, we have my wife's Q5 if we really need something utilitarian, but we take the 550xi when an SUV isn't necessary... and I'm starting to think the i8 may be halfway between DD and fun car. It's still much more practical than something like my R8 (which has no back seats, takes more effort to drive, etc.), but it's not quite AS practical as a traditional GT or sedan.

Like Hitz commented above, it really does annoy me a bit that BMW's high tech car of the future is missing 10 year old technologies. I've come to consider blind spot detection a "staple" of a luxury car, and while I never used standard cruise control EVER in the past, I've come to really enjoy the auto cruise function on long trips. Both of these require radar, so perhaps the weight really was an issue... I don't know. But technologically speaking, the real showpiece of the i8 is the drivetrain and frame construction - cool to talk about, I suppose, but if I'm honest with myself not the most practical of technologies I care about.

For $140k - $150k, my expectations are up there. That's a house in middle America. I'm also expecting that the new 5 will have some of the new 7 tech trickle down into it - which would widen the technology gap even further. So, I'll probably go test drive the i8 and spend as much time with it as possible. It's a bit odd to me, as well, that so many have shown up on the second hand market - super hot and then many hundreds suddenly available with little mileage on them. Any insight into why the market is suddenly flooded?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 07:03 PM   #11
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm going to probably need to spend some time with one to decide. Driving my 550xi around a LOT for the holidays, I'm a bit less convinced the i8 would deliver what I need in a DD. Granted, we have my wife's Q5 if we really need something utilitarian, but we take the 550xi when an SUV isn't necessary... and I'm starting to think the i8 may be halfway between DD and fun car. It's still much more practical than something like my R8 (which has no back seats, takes more effort to drive, etc.), but it's not quite AS practical as a traditional GT or sedan.

Like Hitz commented above, it really does annoy me a bit that BMW's high tech car of the future is missing 10 year old technologies. I've come to consider blind spot detection a "staple" of a luxury car, and while I never used standard cruise control EVER in the past, I've come to really enjoy the auto cruise function on long trips. Both of these require radar, so perhaps the weight really was an issue... I don't know. But technologically speaking, the real showpiece of the i8 is the drivetrain and frame construction - cool to talk about, I suppose, but if I'm honest with myself not the most practical of technologies I care about.

For $140k - $150k, my expectations are up there. That's a house in middle America. I'm also expecting that the new 5 will have some of the new 7 tech trickle down into it - which would widen the technology gap even further. So, I'll probably go test drive the i8 and spend as much time with it as possible. It's a bit odd to me, as well, that so many have shown up on the second hand market - super hot and then many hundreds suddenly available with little mileage on them. Any insight into why the market is suddenly flooded?
BMW decided to double production at the beginning of the year. Many saw it as a betrayal to the early adopters. It was a business decision, pure and simple, though short sighted imho.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #12
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
Bottom line: Get one!
What a great response! I appreciate it very much.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #13
jhbi8
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

I'm using mine as a DD now. Thoughts:

Car drives and handles perfectly. I do wish it had a blind spot warning and memory seats.

If I didn't have a reserved parking spot at my office then commuting with this car would be a PITA due to trying to find a suitable spot every day where I know someone can't block my door from opening.

I drive to the gym 3-4 days a week at lunch time and I find myself trying to find an end spot or a spot on the roof of the gym garage where there's nobody around so I don't get dinged or parked too close to. I no longer park with the reckless abandon of the SUV driver who already has a door scratch or two.
      12-31-2015, 12:51 PM   #14
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

You as well as others in this forum have some very good points (lack of certain amenities and certain functional issues) pertaining to the i8's shortcomings. However, I would encourage you to carry out your intended test drive of this car in order for you to arrive at an informed decision.

In all candor, this hybrid sports car is not for everyone. It's not a practical passenger vehicle when it comes to the lack of rear seat height/footwell space and limited trunk area. Nor can the i8 be viewed as an investment, given BMW's decision to ramp up its production allocation in favor over the i3.

What I do know is that after owning track cars (M3, Gallardo, F430 and 911 Turbo) and grand touring machines (650i GC, M6, CL63 AMG, CLS55 AMG), I've come to appreciate the i8 even more. While it does not possess the extreme visceral and rugged experience of a track worthy sports car and while it does not have the plushness in ride nor the interior opulence of a grand tourer, it's able to combine driving characteristics from both of the aforementioned categories rather well. Its low center of gravity and lightweight frame offers nimble and scalpel like handling, all the while providing a more GT like ride, juxtaposed to giving one's kidneys a good workout in a track car.

Besides the surprising ride quality, I've found the i8's acceleration to be more than ample across its power band and was surprised that it achieved 0-60 launch times between 3.9 to 4.1 seconds.

As for my initial electric range anxiety for this car, I was surprised that under sports-mode, the i8 does an excellent job in regenerating up to 11-12 electric battery miles, on average, for my 32 mile roundtrip commute. Thanks to its quick battery regenerative capabilities while on the road, I have never had the need for public charging.

I test drove several cars in 2015, including the: Audi R8 V10, Aston Martin Vanquish, MB AMG 63 S Coupe, MB AMG GT (actually ordered and then test drove before cancelling the purchase) before narrowing my choice down to the i8.

Like its unique wing doors, the i8 still provides for a thrilling experience, from the start, each and every time I get into its low slung cockpit. For me, its one of the most satisfying cars that I've purchased thus far.

On a separate note, here's wishing all BMW driving enthusiast a happy and safe driving for 2016!

Last edited by YWGT3; 12-31-2015 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
      01-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #15
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Well said!

A Happy New Year to all!

Appreciate 1
      01-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

Helpful thread -- thanks!

Looks like an i-8 would be ideal in combination with a truck that can serve the utility functions that are a stretch for the M3.

Anyone put a roof rack on? Issues with doors? Speaking of which, the fiancé says getting in and out with the 'wings' is a bit much in terms of attracting too much attention. Do you get used to it?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #17
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Looks like an i-8 would be ideal in combination with a truck that can serve the utility functions that are a stretch for the M3.

Anyone put a roof rack on? Issues with doors? Speaking of which, the fiancé says getting in and out with the 'wings' is a bit much in terms of attracting too much attention. Do you get used to it?
If you adverse to receiving inordinate amounts of attention, keep the M4. I spend a great deal of time in traffic covering my face to keep it out of people's pictures. Seriously. I had to cover up 4 times in a 12 mile drive on a low traffic day.

Additionally, every stop for fuel is a chance to brush up on delivering your i8 knowledge to fellow motorist. You may eventually start filling up very early or very late, as I do. I love my car but a friend of mine described the i8 perfectly: an attractive nuisance!

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 2
      01-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #18
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Answered after your questions:

QUOTE=ezmaass;19108573]Guys,

As the thread name states, I'm thinking about an i8 purchase (or more likely lease), and I'd love to get some input.

First off - some background. The i8 would be a "daily driver." My wife's Q5 serves as our kiddie hauler, I have an R8 V10 that serves as my fun/exotic car, and I currently have a 550xi that serves as my DD. I'd be replacing the 550xi with the i8 here. Let me also define "DD" - I don't actually commute anywhere. I work from home, so my 550xi gets driven about 6k - 7k miles a year, mainly for an occasional business trip, going to the airport, an errand, restaurant, etc. But I DO live in the north-east, and I need my DD to be "snow capable" - not an all-out champ, per say, but capable if I needed to drive it for some reason. I also mainly travel alone, sometimes with one passenger. On a rare occasion, I may also take my wife and toddler out.

I drive the i8 as a DD. E-mode short distances, hybrid inbad weather and longer distances. The biggest issues agains DD are parking with the doors and if you would need to put the kids back on a regular basis, but they are also nuisances more than deal breakers. If have 2 child seats in the back full time.

- While I would rarely carry my toddler (2.5 y/o), and I see the back seat has seat latches, is it actually usable for this on occasion? Anyone using a car seat back there?
1 child is easy, just place on passenger side rear seat I have to have the older one behind me and I have to sit quite in front, but its drivable.

- I don't expect to be out in the snow very often, but as I said above, it would be a requirement here and there. How is the car in light to moderate snow? Are the tires that come fixed summer performance only, and if so have some of you swapped for A/S or winters?
I live in Finland with lots of snow, I actually bought the car after seeing how well it performed in the snow, but you can't drive in e mode then, you need to be in hybrid mode to get awd.

- I've read about some drivetrain issues here, and it got me thinking about reliability of this new tech in general. I'm not expecting super-high reliability, but it's important not to get stuck hours from home on a business trip either. Is reliability a major concern for owners here?
0 issues for 6 months and 6000km.

- This may be a more silly question, but never having owned a plug-in hybrid, what happens if you fail to plug it in? Is it just that you can't get pure electric drive? What about full/max power? I'm thinking about road trips where I may not have any option to plug it in.
The car recharges in sport mode about 1km of emode\1km driven. Always full power available, but economy suffers if you don't charge.

- Is there no "smart key" for the i8 like the new 7? It is coming, no one knows if it will fit the earlier cars.

- It looks like the 2016 only offers 3 "worlds" - no longer have Pure Impulse? Yes.

- With a fully loaded 550xi, I've grown accustomed to many of the "niceties" and tech - much of which looks to be missing on the i8 (no option for it) - blind spot detection, automatic cruise control, ventilated seats, etc. Is this accurate? I suppose I could live without it, but it feels a bit odd that the technical showpiece for BMW is missing some of this - likely for weight savings, I'd think, but at a minimum I see the blind spot detection as an important safety feature (especially in a car with such large C-pillars).
XI went from a fully loaded Panamera turbo to a slower and less equipped car, I have driven more in 6months than my earlier cars in 2 years! It's addictive for some reason, it feels special.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro post here. I've owned BMWs for the past 15 years - always some form of sedan - and I feel it may be time for a different kind of BMW. I'd really like the next to be an i8, but I'm admittedly a bit skeptical going into it. For the money, nearly any other luxury sedan or mainstream sports-car can be had... so I'd like to make sure it's the right decision. If not the i8, there's a good chance I'd just wait for the next 5er and get that - but, like I said, I feel it's time for a mix-up. I'd also likely lease the car, as I don't think it would be a "keeper" for me... but open to input on that choice, as well.
My fuel consumption is 4l\100km, in the Panamera it was 15, you can't beat that. It is also pretty and contrary to a Porsche, other drivers don't hate you as much as you think. It's actually a liked and popular car. Good luck, whatever you decide! The only thing that I think might be a deal breaker is the attention it gets, here is a glimpse:

Thanks in advance for your input
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #19
MalibuBimmer
Founder, Knights of the Roundel website
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 and 2018 AMG GT

Garage List
2018 Mercedes AMG GT  [0.00]
2018 Audi Q3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:

Truck, M3 and i8?

Damn. So close!
Previously: 2014 i8; 2013 650i convertible; 2013 650i Gran Coupe; 2013 X1; 2010 550i GT; 2010 535 GT; 2010 Z4 3.5; 2008 535ixt; 2007 M6 convertible; 2006 650i convertible; 1996 Z3; 1980 633CSi; 1978 630CS; 1972 3.0CS; 1971 Bavaria. (1971; 1979-2005 & 2017 - ? -- the Mercedes years.)
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #20
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

M3 would go, replaced by old, cheap truck and i-8.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 07:14 PM   #21
cloudninenyc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 i8, 15 M4, 06 Bentley GT

Quote:
Guys,

- Is there no "smart key" for the i8 like the new 7?

- It looks like the 2016 only offers 3 "worlds" - no longer have Pure Impulse?

Thanks in advance for your input!
I just got one, you will not regret it! Ive had alot of high end cars and this one is my favorite, comfortable for a daily w/ looks oh a 200k+ exotic! best of both worlds
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #22
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninenyc View Post
I just got one, you will not regret it! Ive had alot of high end cars and this one is my favorite, comfortable for a daily w/ looks oh a 200k+ exotic! best of both worlds
Hard to dispute. As a matter of fact, besides the i8's absurdly high mpg capabilities for a sports car, it's insanely inexpensive to service and maintain thus far, compared to many of the exotic and or performance sports cars. I have to admit owning the i8 has been a refreshing and welcoming change to my pocketbook.
Appreciate 0