THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes OK, Shockware is awesome!

01-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

OK, Shockware is awesome!

I just had Dinan Shockware installed on my 2016 228i THP, and even in just the seven miles home I can absolutely tell that it makes a huge difference.

It pitches and rolls a lot less in both Comfort and Sport. Comfort is definitely firmer and jigglier, but I don't think as firm as the original Sport, but still feels more comfortable because the floaty-ness is pretty much gone, which is the best improvement, for me. As the default, it's now perfect, although of course my butt is telling me that the car is slow (because I'm thinking it's in Sport but with Comfort throttle!)

The new Sport is more solid again, although subjectively less of a change than from the old Comfort to the old Sport. I haven't really had a chance to push the car in Sport or Sport+ even before today, though, so I can't really say more than that (I just hit 1200 miles yesterday, coincidentally!)

I can't tell if Eco Pro or Sport+ are different. From what I've read, nobody seems to know conclusively if there are two maps, or three, or four. Eco definitely feels firmer too, and if it was the same as Comfort I wouldn't be surprised. I guess it would have been nice if Eco had stayed the same, for lazy plushness on a long ride, but it's far from uncomfortable so I don't care.

Subjectively, there's a little more clunking over bumps, especially at low speed, but I guess that's to be expected if more forces are being transferred to the chassis rather than being absorbed.

In my mind, it's even improved the feel of the steering, although it's still too vague around center even in Sport, but until Dinan or somebody else comes up with a "Steerware", I guess we'll all have to live with that.

I'll report more when I've done some more miles, but even just so far it's absolutely $399 well spent. If you have a 228i THP, don't hesitate.
Appreciate 0