XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Arrow Official 2008 X6 Pricing Thread (base and options)

Thought I was start this thread to keep all of the info regarding pricing in one thread

Base price for 35i is $52,500 and base price for 50i is $63,000.
Here are the options packages for each:

xDrive35i:
Premium (ZPP) - $1,750
Sport w/19" tire package (ZSP) - $3,600
Cold Weather Package (ZCW) - $900
Rear Climate Package (ZRC) - $900
Premium Sound Package (ZPS) - $2,000
Active Ventilated Seat Package (ZAV) - $2,100
Technology Package (ZTP) - $2,000

xDrive50i:
Premium (ZPP) - $1,750
Sport w/19" tire package (ZSP) - $3,100
Cold Weather Package (ZCW) - $900
Rear Climate Package (ZRC) - $900
Premium Sound Package (ZPS) - $2,000
Active Ventilated Seat Package (ZAV) - $1,100
Technology Package (ZTP) - Not available as vehicle already comes standard with Navigation

Stand Alone Options:
Running Boards - $300
HD Radio - $350
Heated Rear Seats - $350
Rear-View Camera - $400
Heated Front Seats - $500
Automatic Tailgate - $500
Satellite Radio - $595
Soft Close Doors - $600
BMW Assist w/Bluetooth - $750
Sport package wheel upgrade (20") - $950
Comfort Access - $1,000
Nappa Leather - $1,000
Multi-contour Seats - $1,200
Heads-Up Display - $1,200
Active Steering - $1,400
Rear Seat Entertainment - $1,700
Navigation with RTTI - $1,900
Alcantara/Leather Combination - No cost
Metallic Paint - No cost

These are the same on both models with the exception that the xDrive50i already comes standard with Navigation with RTTI and Multi-contour seats. Several other stand-alone items come in different packages.

Last edited by shenard; 02-26-2008 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
DK35
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: The MONSTR

Garage List
2010 X6 50i  [9.34]
Sweet!!! Nice Job Shenard
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Good idea!

I'm still waiting for Canadian prices. Comparably-equipped X5s are almost a third more expensive here than in the U.S. despite our dollars being at par. Maybe BMW Canada will decide to price the X6 more reasonably. (Insert picture of flying pig here.)

-----------------------------------------------------

Slight error there. The one-third difference doesn't take into account the fact that Canadian-spec BMWs tend to come better equipped than their US equivalents. A 20% difference is more accurate.

I still don't have prices for the base X6s, but the price for accessories and packages appears to be pretty much the same as for X5s: from 1.15 to 1.22 times the equivalent US prices. (MSRP on the power tailgate, for example, which my dealer just received yesterday, is $600 vs $500 in the US.) If you are a Canadian trying to price an X6, you can probably get a reasonably good idea by just adding 20% to the US price. Our dollars are at par. Go figure. Note that some packages in Canada contain more items than the same ones in the US, so be sure to compare apples with apples.

I have ordered my 50i subject to these estimates being reasonably accurate. (All the dealer can do at this point is put me on a sort of wait list, as he has no ordering information for the 50i so cannot actually place an order on BMW.) Configured with just about every option, the price is an almost-exact 100 big ones. Gulp.

One thing worth thinking about if, like me, you like to pay cash and don't finance your vehicles: a prepaid lease. You negotiate a normal lease (36 months, in my case), pay a deposit, and then pre-pay the 36 monthly payments in one lump sum. You get a slight interest rate break, of course, by pre-paying. This way, the residual is guaranteed at 51%. If the actual value in three years is less than the residual, I just walk away. If it is more, I buy the vehicle and resell for a profit. This is meaningful for a new vehicle that may go out of favor as gas prices rise and ecofreaks get ever more anti-car laws in place. Meanwhile, I don't own the X6, which is important for someone who owns a leveraged business; if things go bad and my personal guarantees click into place, nobody can possess a vehicle that isn't mine!

__________________________________________________ _____________

Another update:

Within a few days the M3 and 1-series will be on the BMW Canada website with Build-Your-Own configurators. (Dealers already have price sheets.) If you configure one of each and then do the same on the US website, you should get an idea of the ratio between US and Canadian prices. This ratio will then likely be the same for the X6.

BMW Canada has told dealers that they (BMW-Ca) are trying to set prices of new models closer to US prices than existing lines are. Don't expect parity, but if the difference on the X5 is, say, 20%, we can probably expect the difference on the X6 to be something like 15%.

Apparently BMW-Ca is taking a bath on lease buybacks at the moment. My dealer says he is buying three-year-old 5-series at auction for 40%, when their residual was 50%. BMW-Ca -- or, more accurately, BMW Financial Services -- are the ones who get to eat the difference. The reason is that the price disparity between Canada and the US is being dissolved faster in used vehicle sales than in new ones, as media like eBay level the playing field between the two countries. The disparity between US and Canadian new vehicle prices is starting to concern BMW. They have begun arming dealer sales personnel with a lot of comparative lease rates and price sheets that show it is actually cheaper to do a deal in Canada than south of the border. In some cases that is true, but only because BMW has arbitrarily set up roadblocks. But a drop from a premium of 20% to one of 15% is a step in the right direction.

We need a smilie on this forum for flying pigs...

Last edited by Suzie's Dad; 03-06-2008 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Even more info.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
John
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

prices look good so far

E90post Project 325i

www.creativeautoworks.com
James@creativeautoworks.com
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

damn that's crazy for the 50i but that's what I want, lol

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 03:22 AM   #6
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

I like the X6 it's really nice lookin just don't know if I wanna drive it everyday...but man it's sweet
I like the booty in the air design.....If Iw as a car I'd hit it...hahahaha...

20's and a black one with some serious serious serious rims..smoked blacked tint...or a Graphite grey Mettalic..hell yeah I could see it....
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
ogeneo
Rep
Drives: 2007 M6, 2006 X5

Q: Does anybody have any details on what is included in each package?

For example.. does tech include HUD?

Edit: DOH! A simple read of the brochure tells all

Last edited by ogeneo; 02-28-2008 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
DallasBeemer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i Vermillion Red

Just ordered X6 35i

Just ordered my new BMX X6 35i from Classic BMW in Dallas. Should be here in late April. After much debate, I decided on Vermillion red (like on the BMW USA website), although I really also liked the Titanium silver and Obsidian black. Just came down to the fact that I've already had those colors, and wanted something a little different.

Dealers finally have the pricing and are able to take orders and submit to the factory in South Carolina. They don't have color brochures, however. At least my dealer didn't. In fact, I had better pictures (thanks to the snaps taken by those around the South Carolina plant and posted on this and other websites). No negotiation on sticker price or on packages, but they did throw in comfort access at no charge, Sirius radio at no charge, and automatic tailgate at no charge - about $2200 worth of "freebies."
I got the Premium package, the cold weather package, the rear climate package, the technology package and standard wheels.

Some items I wanted but couldn't get unless you bought the entire package. You can't upgrade to Nappa leather unless you purchase the ventilated seat package; (I've had the air conditioned seats in my Infiniti M45 and don't like them at all - it's a waste.) You can't get ipod adapter as stand-alone without the premium sound package; and you can't upgrade to any other wheel and tire unless you get the sport package, although the dealers' parts departments will gladly hit you up for a few hundred percent markup if you want to go that route vs. aftermarket for sportier tires and wheels.

It all added up to $58,825. All in, taxes and destination fee, $61.8K. Not a bargain, but at least I didn't pay full sticker for everything.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBeemer View Post
Just ordered my new BMX X6 35i from Classic BMW in Dallas.* Should be here in late April.* After much debate, I decided on Vermillion red (like on the BMW USA website), although I really also liked the Titanium silver and Obsidian black.* Just came down to the fact that I've already had those colors, and wanted something a little different.* Dealers finally have the pricing and are able to take orders and submit to the factory in South Carolina.* They don't have color brochures, however.* At least my dealer didn't.* In fact, I had better pictures (thanks to the snaps taken by those around the South Carolina plant and posted on this and other websites).* No negotiation on sticker price or on packages, but they did throw in comfort access at no charge, Sirius radio at no charge, and automatic tailgate at no charge - about $2200 worth of "freebies." I got the Premium package, the cold weather package, the rear climate package, the technology package and standard wheels.* Some items I wanted but couldn't get unless you bought the entire package.* You can't upgrade to Nappa leather unless you purchase the ventilated seat package; (I've had the air conditioned seats in my Infiniti M45 and don't like them at all - it's a waste.)* You can't get ipod adapter as stand-alone without the premium sound package; and you can't upgrade to any other wheel and tire unless you get the sport package, although the dealers' parts departments will gladly hit you up for a few hundred percent markup if you want to go that route vs. aftermarket for sportier tires and wheels.It all added up to $58,825.* All in, taxes and destination fee, $61.8K.* Not a bargain, but at least I didn't pay full sticker for everything.
I am actually number 1 on the list at Classic for X50i.* I ordered Premium pkg, Sport package, Premium Sound pkg, Sirius, HD Radio, Comfort Access, Heated seats, ventilated seats, rear camera, auto tailgate, 20" sport wheels upgrade.* Total before ttl is $76,020
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBeemer View Post
Just ordered my new BMX X6 35i from Classic BMW in Dallas. Should be here in late April. After much debate, I decided on Vermillion red (like on the BMW USA website), although I really also liked the Titanium silver and Obsidian black. Just came down to the fact that I've already had those colors, and wanted something a little different.

Dealers finally have the pricing and are able to take orders and submit to the factory in South Carolina. They don't have color brochures, however. At least my dealer didn't. In fact, I had better pictures (thanks to the snaps taken by those around the South Carolina plant and posted on this and other websites). No negotiation on sticker price or on packages, but they did throw in comfort access at no charge, Sirius radio at no charge, and automatic tailgate at no charge - about $2200 worth of "freebies."
I got the Premium package, the cold weather package, the rear climate package, the technology package and standard wheels.

Some items I wanted but couldn't get unless you bought the entire package. You can't upgrade to Nappa leather unless you purchase the ventilated seat package; (I've had the air conditioned seats in my Infiniti M45 and don't like them at all - it's a waste.) You can't get ipod adapter as stand-alone without the premium sound package; and you can't upgrade to any other wheel and tire unless you get the sport package, although the dealers' parts departments will gladly hit you up for a few hundred percent markup if you want to go that route vs. aftermarket for sportier tires and wheels.

It all added up to $58,825. All in, taxes and destination fee, $61.8K. Not a bargain, but at least I didn't pay full sticker for everything.
Congratulations on your new X6 order!!! I think your gonna love it.Not driven one yet,but lucky enought to have seen many up close.Beautiful car,I continue to believe one of BMW's better design's.Keep us posted.Thanks.PalBay
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
buzzfunk
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Can anyone recommend a dealer in Los Angeles? The bmw dealer in BH on Wilshire seems to have no clue wht they are talking about..dont like them.

btw - a brand new X6 parked last night next to my crappy jeep. lol. I almost shit in my pants...such a beautiful car!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #12
Harajuku
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Try Pacific BMW in Glendale, ask for Greg Poland. Nicest salesman I've ever met, BMW or otherwise.

what a car...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 06:07 AM   #13
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

Does anyone know what is required to get the chrome window lining/frame? X6 looks much better with that chrome on, but I don't know what to purchase or select in order to get those?
      03-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #14
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvelous View Post
Does anyone know what is required to get the chrome window lining/frame? X6 looks much better with that chrome on, but I don't know what to purchase or select in order to get those?
Comes standard on the Xdrive 50i. I would assume that eventually you shoudl be able to order this from the parts department at the dealer
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Comes standard on the Xdrive 50i. I would assume that eventually you shoudl be able to order this from the parts department at the dealer
so you say that if I purchase a xdrive35d it wont have the chromes and I won't be able to order it from the factory.. The only way is to buy them OEM and make the dealer put it on?
      05-20-2008, 01:04 AM   #16
JadeVetti
Bavarian Khaleesi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting for the CS Concept

For those interested: There's a price increase going into effect June 1 on options and MSRP. Luckily the MSRP will stay the same on both X6 models, but some options and the destination charge will change:

Destination and handling fee= $825
Premium package=$1,850
Sport package=$3,200
      05-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

BMWUSA website is showing two price increases.

Premium Package = $1,850 ($100 increase)
Sports Package = $3,700 ($100 increase)
Destination = $775 (No increase on the web site but a local Dealer said it's now $825)
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #18
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
BMWUSA website is showing two price increases.

Premium Package = $1,850 ($100 increase)
Sports Package = $3,700 ($100 increase)
Destination = $775 (No increase on the web site but a local Dealer said it's now $825)

All of the price increases vary by model as I know the 3 series also had an increase in metallic paint charge.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 09:17 PM   #19
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Just to clarify, I was only referring to the US X6 35i model.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
ALMO7TRF
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw323i-White-2008

hi gys i really thank you for this Fourm, it is really amazing........

i hate the prices in our country ( Middel East ) for:

3.5 coasts 90666$
5.0 coasts 114,666$

too high,,,, i really thinking about getting one of those X6 from USA... what do you think?
and do we have to change any thing in the car... spically our weath is too hot & humid.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #21
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

BMW is now offering a Sport Activity Package in the US X6 35i model. This is not the Sports Package (ZSP) and doesn't include the Adaptive Drive.

MSRP $2000

Sport Activity Package (ZAP)

2LE - 20” Wheels Y-Spoke Style 214
481 - Sports Seats
760 - Shadowline Trim
775 - Anthracite Headliner
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
BMW is now offering a Sport Activity Package in the US X6 35i model. This is not the Sports Package (ZSP) and doesn't include the Adaptive Drive.

MSRP $2000

Sport Activity Package (ZAP)

2LE - 20” Wheels Y-Spoke Style 214
481 - Sports Seats
760 - Shadowline Trim
775 - Anthracite Headliner
Link to article?