F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Album Artwork On iDrive
Extreme Powerhouse

01-17-2016, 02:55 AM   #1
LifeasKelvin
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 328i xDrive

Album Artwork On iDrive

Hey guys I recently purchased an 2o14 328i xDrive and have iDrive capabilities but I'm not sure how to get the album artwork to show on the screen. I don't have bluetooth streaming just bluetooth calling.

Also the standard apple lightning cord does not recognize my device. i took it to the BMW dealership, the technicians said the vehicle is fine but suggested I use the y cable. Will this fix the album artwork issue?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Alamat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi Sport Line

I believe there is a setting in Idrive under radio and media so it can start showing the album art. Works fine with my iphone through BT and of course no issues when through USB with my usual lightning cable.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 12:34 PM   #3
carmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeasKelvin View Post
Hey guys I recently purchased an 2o14 328i xDrive and have iDrive capabilities but I'm not sure how to get the album artwork to show on the screen. I don't have bluetooth streaming just bluetooth calling.

Also the standard apple lightning cord does not recognize my device. i took it to the BMW dealership, the technicians said the vehicle is fine but suggested I use the y cable. Will this fix the album artwork issue?

Hi,

I believe you need to code enhanced bluetooth to get this to work while the white apple cord is plugged in. The coding for this is extremely easy and the cost to you will be less than 30$ for the coding cable. Take a look at the coding section for this. It is not actually coding but changing one value for another.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
carmo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmo View Post
Hi,

I believe you need to code enhanced bluetooth to get this to work while the white apple cord is plugged in. The coding for this is extremely easy and the cost to you will be less than 30$ for the coding cable. Take a look at the coding section for this. It is not actually coding but changing one value for another.
I forgot to mention that you will need to have a combox in your trunk in order to code this (silver box under the bottom trunk cover). If you have NAV then this may be built in though.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #5
carmo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmo View Post
Hi,

You will also need a combo box to have this coded. Check under the bottom trunk cover at the back of you trunk for a silver box.
Appreciate 0