F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Next song via steering wheel (bluetooth)?
Studio RSR

01-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
joq3
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 M/T -13

Next song via steering wheel (bluetooth)?

Hi,

I have the 6.5inch screen and bluetooth audio on my F30. And bluetooth streaming works really well. Just for fun I tried using a USB-cable to my iPhone 6s, and if I used Apple Music instead of Spotify I was able to scroll down and select tracks via the steering wheel scrollwheel. Worked really well. I also got album covers and more features via the iDrive-wheel.

The only feature I wish I was able to use with bluetooth is being able to skip to the next track via steering wheel.

And with bluetooth I can't make it work, scrolling up or down only brings up the song that's playing on the small screen.

Any coding I can do to activate this?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
carmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3 View Post
Hi,

I have the 6.5inch screen and bluetooth audio on my F30. And bluetooth streaming works really well. Just for fun I tried using a USB-cable to my iPhone 6s, and if I used Apple Music instead of Spotify I was able to scroll down and select tracks via the steering wheel scrollwheel. Worked really well. I also got album covers and more features via the iDrive-wheel.

The only feature I wish I was able to use with bluetooth is being able to skip to the next track via steering wheel.

And with bluetooth I can't make it work, scrolling up or down only brings up the song that's playing on the small screen.

Any coding I can do to activate this?
If you have NON-NAV 2013 model then you likely have the HU_ENTRY. I have the same thing and have not been able to get this to work with the enhanced bluetooth connection audio streaming.
Appreciate 0