F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Upgrade to NBT
ARMA SPEED

01-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
mbro
Rep
Drives: 320d

Upgrade to NBT

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my EntryNav to an NBT, but other than eBay there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UK or even Europe I can find.

Even on eBay they are primarily all coming from Latvia or Lithuania...

Anyone got any ideas where else I can look pls?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
enef
Enlisted Member
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 M530e MY2020

Check this: http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...tion-retrofits
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbro
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my EntryNav to an NBT, but other than eBay there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UK or even Europe I can find.

Even on eBay they are primarily all coming from Latvia or Lithuania...

Anyone got any ideas where else I can look pls?

Thanks
Got mine from eBay, it was shipped from Lithuania, came in prefect condition. I looked at retrofit ships but they are charging an insane amount compared to the eBay route.
Appreciate 2
      01-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #4
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F34 LCI MY2019

But arenīt you curious why there is so many navigation equipment offered from these countries? I donīt think there are even so many BMWs there...

@mbro: If you are from UK, it should be no problem to find something in the western EU area.

There are some companies, especially in Germany, which buy parts from BMW test cars. As far as I know these cars are all not sold to public but parted out. Of course such parts have their price, approx. half of regular new price.

Iīve also seen quite often an Ebay shop called "Delta Amazonas" (artursk2005) with UK address, which is selling regularly BMW navi stuff at reasonable prices. No idea where it comes from, but maybe an option for you?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TePee View Post
But arenīt you curious why there is so many navigation equipment offered from these countries? I donīt think there are even so many BMWs there...

@mbro: If you are from UK, it should be no problem to find something in the western EU area.

There are some companies, especially in Germany, which buy parts from BMW test cars. As far as I know these cars are all not sold to public but parted out. Of course such parts have their price, approx. half of regular new price.

I've also seen quite often an Ebay shop called "Delta Amazonas" (artursk2005) with UK address, which is selling regularly BMW navi stuff at reasonable prices. No idea where it comes from, but maybe an option for you?
Of all the NBT units I've seen retrofitted, they have all come from Europe (based off the VIN). The buyer I brought from was in 'Ireland', when the package came it was from Lithuania. To be perfect honest it didn't really bother me, it's been working fine for the past 1.5 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #6
mbro
Rep
Drives: 320d

Cheers all for the feedback, just didn't want to buy something from an non reputable source, you have given me some viable options - Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 01:55 AM   #7
TePee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F34 LCI MY2019

Buying from an Ireland seller and receiving from Lithuana is an "interesting" mixture
Maybe it is in case of the UK seller I mentioned the same? You never know. So be careful.

In German forums you can read very often that the car was broken in and nav Professional + M steering wheel was stolen...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 07:15 AM   #8
L.Amine
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32 2015

look at this site his from irland ;http://www.germaniks.com
Appreciate 0