European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-23-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
Shanh81
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 & 2016 F15

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Shop recommendations to install M3 cosmetic parts

I have a bunch of M3 cosmetic parts to install but thinking it might be better to have a shop do it. Anyone know good place at a reasonable rate in eastside.

M front splitters and lip
Carbon fiber side skirts
Carbon fiber spoilers
Side markers and reflectors

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
SeatownF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90, 958

I did all my cosmetics with help from a friend but here's an idea of what I've found around the eastside on shops:

West Werks - I was quoted $250-300 for AA catback install but it came out to $480 total , got boned. Also quoted around $150 for side skirt and intake install, each. End up doing the intake myself.

Strictly BMW - Only does OEM and Dinan stuff.

Ishii motor - Super friendly service and great reviews. Price is $120 an hour but they don't do cosmetic stuff.

I'd like to know some shops other members have experienced with as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
Shanh81
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeatownF80 View Post
I did all my cosmetics with help from a friend but here's an idea of what I've found around the eastside on shops:

West Werks - I was quoted $250-300 for AA catback install but it came out to $480 total , got boned. Also quoted around $150 for side skirt and intake install, each. End up doing the intake myself.

Strictly BMW - Only does OEM and Dinan stuff.

Ishii motor - Super friendly service and great reviews. Price is $120 an hour but they don't do cosmetic stuff.

I'd like to know some shops other members have experienced with as well.
If someone is good at doing this stuff, I will gladly take the help. Don't want to scratch the new ride up or break something
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 03:14 AM   #4
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

You might try benchmark motoring. I know them from 2 iterations ago in the 1990's when they were Dynamic Design. You might also try a body shop.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 07:25 AM   #5
Shanh81
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnazzy View Post
You might try benchmark motoring. I know them from 2 iterations ago in the 1990's when they were Dynamic Design. You might also try a body shop.
Spoke with RnR body since they have to paint my rear bumper due to dealer caused paint chips at time of delivery. Dealer is paying for that. they want 600 for spoiler, front splitter/lip and side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 01:58 AM   #6
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

If you use a bodyshop, RnR is a good choice from my experience. They did not install any of my stuff as I did it myself. They did do color sanding, as well as painting some parts for me.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
Shanh81
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
If you use a bodyshop, RnR is a good choice from my experience. They did not install any of my stuff as I did it myself. They did do color sanding, as well as painting some parts for me.
Where did you get your XPEL done from? After body shop visit need to go get that done. Looked at ACCUTINT
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

The top options seem to be:
Metropolitan Detail - Bellevue
Accutint - Bellevue
NW Auto Salon - Lynnwood
NW Auto Shield - Seattle

I did all painted surfaces including the carbon roof, trunk, hood, front/rear bumpers, doors, quarters, rockers and fenders. I had the car color sanded in advance.

I visited all the places I mentioned.
Met - wow, very detailed work they take out door handles, headlights (sometime), bumpers etc. A full body take a week I think. They are pricey but you can't complain about the detail. Also, if you do Xpel with them, and you have them do a handwash from time to time, they will wax all the Xpel for free. Top notch!

Accutint - I really liked the people there and like Met it was easy to get there as I live on the east side. They had just done a full Tesla and it looked great. they wraped the fender gap like Met as well but didn't take off any parts like Met.

NW Auto Salon - What a clean facility! Easy parking great work from what I could see. VERY knowledgeable. they pre-cut like most others and didn't wrap the fenders. Not like you could see the line anyway.

NW Auto Shield - I chose them. A small shop that mostly does dealer work. Prices were great especially with a whole car. He also put 3 people on it and we had a couple sessions so I was only out of a car a couple days. The place is just an industrial bay and from being there a couple times, they seem to do about 3 or 4 mercades, bmws and other brand new cars (from dealers) per day. He was great, the guys were great and eventhough his location and garage were not as pretty as NWAS etc, I just saw tons of work and was sold. Also, all they do is tint and XPEL. They don't detail cars as well, they don't do extras, just XPEL and tint.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2016, 12:35 AM   #9
Shanh81
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
The top options seem to be:
Metropolitan Detail - Bellevue
Accutint - Bellevue
NW Auto Salon - Lynnwood
NW Auto Shield - Seattle

I did all painted surfaces including the carbon roof, trunk, hood, front/rear bumpers, doors, quarters, rockers and fenders. I had the car color sanded in advance.

I visited all the places I mentioned.
Met - wow, very detailed work they take out door handles, headlights (sometime), bumpers etc. A full body take a week I think. They are pricey but you can't complain about the detail. Also, if you do Xpel with them, and you have them do a handwash from time to time, they will wax all the Xpel for free. Top notch!

Accutint - I really liked the people there and like Met it was easy to get there as I live on the east side. They had just done a full Tesla and it looked great. they wraped the fender gap like Met as well but didn't take off any parts like Met.

NW Auto Salon - What a clean facility! Easy parking great work from what I could see. VERY knowledgeable. they pre-cut like most others and didn't wrap the fenders. Not like you could see the line anyway.

NW Auto Shield - I chose them. A small shop that mostly does dealer work. Prices were great especially with a whole car. He also put 3 people on it and we had a couple sessions so I was only out of a car a couple days. The place is just an industrial bay and from being there a couple times, they seem to do about 3 or 4 mercades, bmws and other brand new cars (from dealers) per day. He was great, the guys were great and eventhough his location and garage were not as pretty as NWAS etc, I just saw tons of work and was sold. Also, all they do is tint and XPEL. They don't detail cars as well, they don't do extras, just XPEL and tint.
Appreciate the tip on NW Auto Shield. Just spoke with them and they are really reasonable on the rate for XPEL film. Will be taking my car there next week to get the job done

Last edited by Shanh81; 01-26-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #10
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

while I don't get any kickbacks (dang it), tell Neal the guy with the blue M4 that got the whole car wrapped in XPEL said hello.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #11
Shanh81
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
while I don't get any kickbacks (dang it), tell Neal the guy with the blue M4 that got the whole car wrapped in XPEL said hello.
Will do. Surprised they get it done in a day when everyone else wanted the car for 2 days. Price is awesome too
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #12
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep

Other places have one person to do one car (multiple techs but 1:1) usually except where the sheets are large and they need two people to walk it over. Where I went, at 1 point they had 3 people working on it, start to finish.
Appreciate 0