BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BMW M2 @ Montreal Auto Show

01-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

BMW M2 @ Montreal Auto Show

Below are some pictures from the Montreal Auto Show, but first, let's discuss my opinion.

My impressions/comments are:
- LBB is a fantastic color: very flashy, changes with lighting conditions
- the M2 looks very good: the stance is so much wider than a regular 2-series and the wheel gap looks very good stock
- the interior is sobre, yet it looks functional and well-balanced: the blue stitching looks very good with LBB, the alcantara accents are just enough (although I wish there could have been some more, ie the dash)

Enjoy the pictures! Until then, the wait will be fun!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      01-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

LBB looks awesome here! I still can't decide btw LBB and AW.

Man seems like the entire country is seeing the M2 in person. Where can I see one in Southern California? I'm surprised that we can't even check out an M2 here.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 08:57 PM   #3
ConR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Below are some pictures from the Montreal Auto Show, but first, let's discuss my opinion.

- the M2 looks very good: the stance is so much wider than a regular 2-series and the wheel gap looks very good stock
- the interior is sobre, yet it looks functional and well-balanced: the blue stitching looks very good with LBB, the alcantara accents are just enough (although I wish there could have been some more, ie the dash)

Did you get a chance to play around with that manual gearbox? How did it feel?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR View Post
Did you get a chance to play around with that manual gearbox? How did it feel?
It felt very good but not so much different than the 1M or the M235i: shifter seems very smooth and gears look very short between shifts, but I did not get a chance to test drive the M2 for a "true" assessment of the manual gearbox. I am not concerned with the manual transmission since BMW is experienced with good shifting behavior.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:

first close up pic ive seen of the manual shifter thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
ConR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Man, those pics make LBB look COMPLETELY different to everything else I've seen. It looks like a pure, metallic blue in those photos.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 12:32 AM   #7
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Different colour from what I have seen in Brussels. Take care..., artificial lighting, camera ...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 02:48 AM   #8
ConR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Different colour from what I have seen in Brussels. Take care..., artificial lighting, camera ...
Hence why I changed from LBB to MG. Too different in too many situations. One angle you love it, another it's green and hideous! Like Jekyll and Hyde!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR
Quote:
Hence why I changed from LBB to MG. Too different in too many situations. One angle you love it, another it's green and hideous! Like Jekyll and Hyde!
to each their own I guess ... some like the different personalities of LBB, some do not
      01-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #10
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Totally understand your opinion: MG will look MG in any lighting condition, but you don't get the "WOW factor" of the LBB.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #11
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Its not like that at all, its all the different cameras and videos giving it a different shade/hue. When you see the color in the flesh its pretty consistent. Nobody will ever mistake it for being anything other then blue, even when it has the "green" thing going, its still unmistakably a blue car. The color has to be seen in person, don't go by pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #12
sth519
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i → M2 → i4

Quote:
100% agree.

I have given up at this point: I won't make the final decision about the color until I've seen MG, LBB and AW on the M2 in real life and under normal daylight.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #13
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Slayer View Post
Its not like that at all, its all the different cameras and videos giving it a different shade/hue.
Compare the colors in the OP with this one (taken at BMW Welt).

Name:  BMW_M2_Welt.jpg
Views: 6481
Size:  58.0 KB
      01-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #14
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Compare the colors in the OP with this one (taken at BMW Welt).

Attachment 1353130
Yes the pictures look different of course. I have seen it indoors and outdoors and have taken pictures myself. I guess what I was trying to say is that even with direct sunlight outside its still unmistakably blue and that people shouldn't go by pictures when passing judgement on the color.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Again, LBB is such a complex color and needs to be seen in real life. I encourage to go see LBB on a X5M or X6M at your local dealer or the M2 at a car show near you.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 07:30 AM   #16
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Its not like that at all, its all the different cameras and videos giving it a different shade/hue. When you see the color in the flesh its pretty consistent. Nobody will ever mistake it for being anything other then blue, even when it has the "green" thing going, its still unmistakably a blue car. The color has to be seen in person, don't go by pictures.
You said so yourself. How can the color be "consistent" when it, as you say, sometimes has a "green thing" going? Sounds inconsistent to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:24 AM   #17
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
You said so yourself. How can the color be "consistent" when it, as you say, sometimes has a "green thing" going? Sounds inconsistent to me.
LBB is just confusing. And it's making the color selection even harder.

3 Scenarios
1. The color truly is a blue green teal combination.
2. The color is blue with metallic flakes so it reflects green when a yellow nature light, i.e. the Sun, hits it. That would explain the outdoor pictures.
3. The different cameras are taking that color and showing different hues. Even when it's overcast and there's no yellow sunlight effect.

We've seen photos of almost all scenarios and I've seen LBB live multiple times indoors and out, I'm still not sure what to think.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #18
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
Ya what I am saying is when you see it in person it is, not when you see it on 20 different videos from 20 different shows and 20 different cameras it is not. People need to see it in the flesh. And the "green thing" or "teal" I am referring to is what some people have called the color.....I'm saying that the color is unmistakably blue in real life. I have never seen it and thought anything other then blue, and I have seen LBB 5 times already outside in different conditions.

This "green thing" people are referring to is kind of like the pearl white colors of the 90's/2000's (not sure if companies still make that color) you would look at that color and see pink in it, I don't think anyone would call it a pink car, it would still be white.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #19
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M View Post
LBB is just confusing. And it's making the color selection even harder.

3 Scenarios
1. The color truly is a blue green teal combination.
2. The color is blue with metallic flakes so it reflects green when a yellow nature light, i.e. the Sun, hits it. That would explain the outdoor pictures.
3. The different cameras are taking that color and showing different hues. Even when it's overcast and there's no yellow sunlight effect.

We've seen photos of almost all scenarios and I've seen LBB live multiple times indoors and out, I'm still not sure what to think.
Your right, it is a hard decision to make. I personally love the color in all the lighting conditions. For me 99% of cars I see around my area are white, black, gray, silver.......that and every bmw is white, black, gray that I see around here. So it was a no brainer decision for me. I saw a YMB M3 the other day (I know its totally diff color) and loved how it stood out from the crowd.

Im sure the people who got the 1M had a similar decision with VO vs the other 2 colors. Id love to know if the 1M VO owners regret not getting white/black or if they got sick of Vo after 5+ years.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #20
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Your right, it is a hard decision to make. I personally love the color in all the lighting conditions. For me 99% of cars I see around my area are white, black, gray, silver.......that and every bmw is white, black, gray that I see around here. So it was a no brainer decision for me. I saw a YMB M3 the other day (I know its totally diff color) and loved how it stood out from the crowd.

Im sure the people who got the 1M had a similar decision with VO vs the other 2 colors. Id love to know if the 1M VO owners regret not getting white/black or if they got sick of Vo after 5+ years.
My brother has a Black 1M and he wished there was the option for a LBB 1M at the time (note: his 1M is just a summer car).

Black and white are "classic" colors and will always remain good choices IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #21
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My brother has a Black 1M and he wished there was the option for a LBB 1M at the time (note: his 1M is just a summer car).

Black and white are "classic" colors and will always remain good choices IMHO.
That's always good to hear from a 1M owner (about LBB)

Absolutely, black and white will always look good on any car and look clean on bmw. Don't think anyone can go wrong with any of the 3 colors. I have owned 3 white and 2 black cars. LBB is definitely risqué for some.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #22
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

This video is what made me choose LBB. Looks great in the sun.
Appreciate 0