BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > OMG: Wichita Falls TEXAS - you have made my Day!!! (Allocation confirmed)

02-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

OMG: Wichita Falls TEXAS - you have made my Day!!! (Allocation confirmed)

I had a horrible week - A dirty texas french dude gives up my allocation and I was looking at 981S on the internet.

But the universe balanced everything out because I found a car in TEXAS. He said he had 2 people on allocation but they were just inquiring and they had an H.E.A car that nobody was biting on yet. So guess what...I bit that s***....HARD. He said the HEA information just came into the system this recently. (i'm starting to see that all dealerships don't know about the HEA until it randomly pops up)

I didn't let him get off the phone - I would of taken him out of dinner if I needed to!! I put down a $1000 by credit card. He sends me the receipt and the invoice (the car is in under transportation now )

I told him I'm from california and how the dealerships in California are asking from 5K to 25K, he said that BMW technically doesn't allow markups. He said he is more than happy to take the business, he said his town is very small so they don't get a lot of inquiry. He even said he will handle the transportation and all the paper work can be done through fax and scanning so i don't have to ever show up if i don't want to. :thump: (saves me money to transportation)

Configuration:
LBB - I wanted AW so bad - but when i saw the photos i know I had Blue in my eyes.
Exec
6MT.

Thanks the Bimmerpost members who just told me to shut up and get out there and keep searching. There are BMW M2's to be had.

HOPE IS ALIVE AND WELL

Last edited by dammitcubs; 02-05-2016 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 13
      02-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Sweet, congrats!

I currently have AW ordered but thinking of changing to LBB after seeing it in person last week, you won't be disappointed with your color choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
I had a horrible week - A dirty texas french dude gives up my allocation and I was looking at 981S on the internet.

But the universe balanced everything out because I found a car in Kansas. He said he had 2 people on allocation but they were just inquiring and they had an H.E.A car that nobody was biting on yet. So guess what...I bit that s***....HARD. He said the HEA information just came into the system this recently. (i'm starting to see that all dealerships don't know about the HEA until it randomly pops up)

I didn't let him get off the phone - I would of taken him out of dinner if I needed to!! I put down a $1000 by credit card. He sends me the receipt and the invoice (the car is in under transportation now )

I told him I'm from california and how the dealerships in California are asking from 5K to 25K, he said that BMW technically doesn't allow markups. He said he is more than happy to take the business, he said his town is very small so they don't get a lot of inquiry. He even said he will handle the transportation and all the paper work can be done through fax and scanning so i don't have to ever show up if i don't want to. :thump: (saves me money to transportation)

Configuration:
LBB - I wanted AW so bad - but when i saw the photos i know I had Blue in my eyes.
Exec
6MT.

Thanks the Bimmerpost members who just told me to shut up and get out there and keep searching. There are BMW M2's to be had.

HOPE IS ALIVE AND WELL
Thats great! That was quite the turn of events from 24 hrs ago!

Funny how when you really want something, you're willing to settle lol. ...not that any colour on this car would be 'settling' ...
Well done.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Congrats dude I knew you could get it done with another small town hea
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Quote:

But the universe balanced everything out because I found a car in Kansas. He said he had 2 people on allocation but they were just inquiring and they had an H.E.A car that nobody was biting on yet. So guess what...I bit that s***....HARD. He said the HEA information just came into the system this recently. (i'm starting to see that all dealerships don't know about the HEA until it randomly pops up)

Configuration:
Exec
6MT.

HOPE IS ALIVE AND WELL

Grats! So does it not cost anything to ship the car here? How do you feel about letting the evo x go?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #6
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhocr View Post
Grats! So does it not cost anything to ship the car here? How do you feel about letting the evo x go?
I'll find out tomorrow. But I think it will cost me around 900 bucks since the gasoline prices are lower. That is a small price i'm willing to pay to get exactly what I want. The only thing the Dealership is worried about is that I will ship this car out of the country. I told him that is not the case, and it will be registered in California.

As for the EVO X.
My car history has been EVO 8 -> EXO X. I put about 90k miles on the EVO X and about 60k on the EVO 8. I think i have driven this car more than a lot of people will ever drive it. I love the car, i think handles and grips like a dream and i was surprised on close the evo was to higher end brand cars.

But it's time to grow up and join the M revolution.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #7
Shankska
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
I knew it would work out for you. congrats

2019 F87 M2C, Long Beach Blue, Exec, 6MT
2016 F87 M2 - Sold 9/2018
2014 F22 M235i - Sold 5/2016.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #8
Kantalias
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Fantastic, dude! Persistence pays off!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #9
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Good stuff! Keep us posted when you get more details!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 10:46 PM   #10
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Quote:
I'll find out tomorrow. But I think it will cost me around 900 bucks since the gasoline prices are lower. That is a small price i'm willing to pay to get exactly what I want. The only thing the Dealership is worried about is that I will ship this car out of the country. I told him that is not the case, and it will be registered in California.

As for the EVO X.
My car history has been EVO 8 -> EXO X. I put about 90k miles on the EVO X and about 60k on the EVO 8. I think i have driven this car more than a lot of people will ever drive it. I love the car, i think handles and grips like a dream and i was surprised on close the evo was to higher end brand cars.

But it's time to grow up and join the M revolution.
I hear you, my evo gets lots of love from teenagers but it's time to upgrade! Enjoy, and post when you get it! I'll be here on my long Bay **** wait list lol
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 03:20 AM   #11
rcoccultwar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 8/15 M2

I feel horrible for typing this but Google last year would not allow it. Apparently, a huge chunk of the population died so be careful how you conduct business with that town. Gfb, it could happen again.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #12
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcowboy View Post
I feel horrible for typing this but Google last year would not allow it. Apparently, a huge chunk of the population died so be careful how you conduct business with that town. Gfb, it could happen again.
What do you mean?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #13
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcowboy
huh?
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #14
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 WRX

Congratulations on the allocation. I'd settle for a LBB if that's all to be had!

And that above post sounds like a "bot".
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #15
rcoccultwar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 8/15 M2

Quote:
What do you mean?
Actually, congratulations on the early allocation. (I'm a bit jealous).

To answer your question, I read a while back someone either was mad or accidentally poisoned a big part of a drinking class town segment like during the Model T era. I want to investigate, so library is probably better.

That was kind of random on my part, but last night I was visualizing a "Split Pea Soup with Bourbon on the Side" color for my M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #16
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:

To answer your question, I read a while back someone either was mad or accidentally poisoned a big part of a drinking class town segment like during the Model T era. I want to investigate, so library is probably better.

That was kind of random on my part, but last night I was visualizing a "Split Pea Soup with Bourbon on the Side" color for my M2.
Well, I'm glad you cleared THAT up
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #17
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

must have hit the wrong dealers in cali, but congrats.
      02-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #18
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:

I think you've been drinking the Bourbon, instead of just visualizing it. Ease up there, cowboy.
      02-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #19
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3MC

First congrats.
Second, I don't really care for you right now. I was working a deal on this and was heading in to place a deposit when my CA called me and said it was gone.

In all seriousness, congrats man, but damn...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #20
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

People! You find one at msrp, you hand over your credit card and put down deposit. You do not go to work, you do not use email, you do not get off the phone until it's yours.
      02-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs

But the universe balanced everything out because I found a car in TEXAS. He said he had 2 people on allocation but they were just inquiring and they had an H.E.A car that nobody was biting on yet. So guess what...I bit that s***....HARD. He said the HEA information just came into the system this recently. (i'm starting to see that all dealerships don't know about the HEA until it randomly pops up)

Configuration:
Exec
6MT.

HOPE IS ALIVE AND WELL
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #22
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD
First congrats.
Second, I don't really care for you right now. I was working a deal on this and was heading in to place a deposit when my CA called me and said it was gone.

In all seriousness, congrats man, but damn...

Keep working yourself ..... Keep a look out on these pages and call other rural dealers !!
Appreciate 0