BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > DCT Question

02-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
JSM2
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

DCT Question

I'm on the fence about DCT versus manual so I've been doing some research that has lead me to a question. (Let me caveat this by saying I've never driven the DCT before.)

As I understand it the newer M3/M4 DCT has different shifting "personalities" that can be set in levels through the "DriveLogic" button. (D1 to D5 / S1 to S6)

From the interior pictures of the M2 the center console button layout appears different than those of the M3/M4. (No DriveLogic button.) So my question is: Does the M2 have the ability to set different DCT shifting personalities in multiple levels? (Beyond just Sport/Comfort driving modes?)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #2
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

as I understand it, there is NOT a stand-alone button to just change tranny settings. It is tied into the other settings. Comfort, Sport & Sport+. You want the tranny setting change, it will also change the others. Even though it is the same price as the F8X DCT.

I had this same concern when I was considering DCT for my M2. I was so hoping the M2 would have AS too. I really love the individual adjustability in the F8x.

6mt for me
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
JSM2
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

That certainly is disappointing if true. Especially when you consider having to pay the same $2.9k option price and then not get all of the features that comes with the same option on the M4...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
///Jason
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 20i S-Drive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSM2
That certainly is disappointing if true. Especially when you consider having to pay the same $2.9k option price and then not get all of the features that comes with the same option on the M4...
The M2 DCT does have different drive logic modes. It's just that BMW has simplified everything into the mode switch.

See the technical manual here for a full breakdown of the settings in each mode: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1224109
Appreciate 0