BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone else hearing April 2nd release from their SA?

03-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Anyone else hearing April 2nd release from their SA?

Curious what people are hearing as it will impact how many extra days I need to extend my rental car for. My SA told me the release date is April 2nd (and we discussed the April 16th rumor so he has heard that as well), but my car is still in port as of now.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Jady Pham
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F87 M2

I haven't heard anything but i really hope this is true!!

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, I will be making videos on the M2
Instagram: Tuphamous
Youtube: The Anatomy of Cars
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #3
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Curious what people are hearing as it will impact how many extra days I need to extend my rental car for. My SA told me the release date is April 2nd (and we discussed the April 16th rumor so he has heard that as well), but my car is still in port as of now.
Released to you or released from port? Mine is out of town I'll hear from him on Monday and see if he has any info.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 07:17 AM   #4
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
My car gets into port tomorrow. Dealer said they're not aware of any hold back via BMW. According to him, I can take delivery whenever the car gets to the dealership. I'm not sure how long it takes from port to dealer. I'm assuming it's NJ and so is the dealer.
      03-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
My car gets into port tomorrow. Dealer said they're not aware of any hold back via BMW. According to him, I can take delivery whenever the car gets to the dealership. I'm not sure how long it takes from port to dealer. I'm assuming it's NJ and so is the dealer.
Mine has been at the New Jersey port for two weeks

Soon.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #6
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
seconded

got a call from my CA saying it will be held there until closer to launch date
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534
Quote:
I have no idea what to believe at this point but I'm carless and it's only been about three days. I can't deal! I'm looking at cpo 911s now. I get the feeling the dealer isn't being honest with me.
      03-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
where is your dealership you're getting it at? is it in Denver?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #9
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
I have no idea what to believe at this point but I'm carless and it's only been about three days. I can't deal! I'm looking at cpo 911s now. I get the feeling the dealer isn't being honest with me.
My dealer said something about leaving the port early April but he also mentioned April 16th as to when I could take delivery.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #10
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

April 10th - release from port

April 16th - in customers' hands

YMMV though
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #11
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Somewhat irritated today. Talked to my SA and he states the there is a hold and I brought up the April 16th date in which he had heard about.

To the unfortunate news, I was told since its a HEA car that I cannot opt for a PCD. I was planning on passing this up anyway since I'm impatient and dont want to wait for a reservation spot. The car is in Texas though and I was told by him a month ago that they could ship it to my local dealer at no expensive. Of course today he states this is not an option anymore, I either have to pick the car up and drive it home (1500 miles) or have it shipped...

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm awaiting to hear shipping prices to make a final decision.
      03-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #12
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post
Somewhat irritated today. Talked to my SA and he states the there is a hold and I brought up the April 16th date in which he had heard about.

To the unfortunate news, I was told since its a HEA car that I cannot opt for a PCD. I was planning on passing this up anyway since I'm impatient and dont want to wait for a reservation spot. The car is in Texas though and I was told by him a month ago that they could ship it to my local dealer at no expensive. Of course today he states this is not an option anymore, I either have to pick the car up and drive it home (1500 miles) or have it shipped...

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm awaiting to hear shipping prices to make a final decision.
It won't cost you more than a grand to ship the car. Definitely worth it.

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #13
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
But more fun to drive it home!!!!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #14
rosky1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Had a call from SA that claimed my car has a slot for production on 4/4...mine is not an HEA car...this has not been confirmed by the sales Mgr who has been most informed so far...checking for more info
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #15
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I haven't heard of April 2nd. But then again I haven't talked to my SA in a week after he told me No deliveries before 4/16. Trying to not bug the guy with my incessant whining about this BS wait.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #16
Em-too
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Mine arrives into port tomorrow as well. I've asked my sales associate about any holds a few times and he also says he's not heard a thing about this and that he's asked around. He mentioned that there have been holds with other models in the past but that as far as he's aware I can take it home as soon as it arrives to the dealer. It seems he isn't aware that it will likely get held at port even though I asked him about that as well. My current car is sold and I'll need to give it up by the end of the month. I remain hopeful but I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #17
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
But more fun to drive it home!!!!
I'm considering seeing if they can ship it to a dealer halfway. Therefore I can save some money on shipping cost and still enjoy the drive without going over the 1200 mile break in period. It would be awesome to make a long drive when I first pick up the car but I dont want to have to worry about varying engine speeds since most of the drive would be highway miles. Hmmm
      03-18-2016, 03:17 AM   #18
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

Where is the car you're getting coming from?

Funny, I'm 2600 miles away from the one I'm getting. Just over the Va. border from you. Intercity is definitely not under a grand for me. Tail of the Dragon would make sure the revs fluctuated !!! That and VIR are making me possibly consider the drive.

Because the West Coast dealers are not getting their cars until mid May, and pissed, I heard that the April date may not happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #19
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc

Are you serious ? Do you want this car or not ?

You are getting a dealer " demo " car. No way PCD would ever have been an option so it didn't even need to be mentioned.

**If you want this car you better go pick it up. **

To get my 1M I rode with a friend across the country from Texas to ofest at Barber. Then I caught a bus from a sketchy Birmingham greyhound station at 3am and rode the bus to Columbia South Carolina where I reached an even sketchier station and caught a cab to the dealer because the salesman didn't answer up and i didn't want to get knifed in a bus station.

I drove my car home from South Carolina back to Birmingham, where I stopped and had the scheduled 1200 mile service done ( my car was originally delivered to me in Munich in September ) and then continued the drive back to Texas and it was a blast!

Keep effing around and the dealer will change their mind * for you * and say the car has a 5K Markup.

I tell you, all you people WHINING about not getting your HEA cars til 4/16 need to STFU and realize how much happier you will be in a month than hundreds if not potentially THOUSANDS of people.

*You will instantly own a car that will be worth more than its MSRP and that no one else can get, and you will be the envy of those on the board and people on the street. *

At least for a little while... And maybe longer
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #20
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
I sure hope that enterprise hooked you up.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #21
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I sure hope that enterprise hooked you up.
I have been paying out of pocket for almost two months, but the good news is I finally got the other insurance company to accept liability so at least I will be reimbursed.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #22
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Are you serious ? Do you want this car or not ?

You are getting a dealer " demo " car. No way PCD would ever have been an option so it didn't even need to be mentioned.

**If you want this car you better go pick it up. **

To get my 1M I rode with a friend across the country from Texas to ofest at Barber. Then I caught a bus from a sketchy Birmingham greyhound station at 3am and rode the bus to Columbia South Carolina where I reached an even sketchier station and caught a cab to the dealer because the salesman didn't answer up and i didn't want to get knifed in a bus station.

I drove my car home from South Carolina back to Birmingham, where I stopped and had the scheduled 1200 mile service done ( my car was originally delivered to me in Munich in September ) and then continued the drive back to Texas and it was a blast!

Keep effing around and the dealer will change their mind * for you * and say the car has a 5K Markup.

I tell you, all you people WHINING about not getting your HEA cars til 4/16 need to STFU and realize how much happier you will be in a month than hundreds if not potentially THOUSANDS of people.

*You will instantly own a car that will be worth more than its MSRP and that no one else can get, and you will be the envy of those on the board and people on the street. *

At least for a little while... And maybe longer
TBH I thought the same thing about the PCD, but my SA reassured me that it was possible... I went along with it at the time.

Trust me, I'd love to drive the car home but time restraints and breaking the car in properly is whats holding me back. Did you already have the 1200 mile service scheduled before you picked yours up?