XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

BMW X6 35d Spacegrau in showroom

Just a couple of pictures, enjoy ...
The black rails are very plasticy..
The standard rails are kind of nice..
Its black interior is better looking than it displays on the pictures...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Sweet! (But I have trouble getting excited about a diesel; maybe not if I lived in Europe?)

I ordered my 50i yesterday, which means I gave the dealer a deposit and started a wait list until he gets proper ordering information. At least I am at the head of the line. I figure August delivery if I'm lucky.

I can't figure it out, but the majority of people I talk to who see the X6 or pictures of it tend to comment negatively. My dealer's sales personnel just attended an X6 selling seminar and they came back quite negative. "Very specialized vehicle", "Can't imagine who would want one of these", etc. Wow, and this is the first BMW I have lusted after for ten years or more! I get to find out more next Tuesday when I am going to a charity dinner thing the night before the local auto show opens, so I'll get to sit in an X6 and make brrrmm noises. I hope my wife likes it -- she thinks I have gone quite senile.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

Are those comfort seats shown in the pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtech8 View Post
Are those comfort seats shown in the pics?
Yes indeed, the model came amongst others with:
Comfort seats
Rear View Camera
Anthrazit headliner
Brushed Alu interior trim
Rear manual side-window sunshades
Rear-seat entertainment
Soft-close automatic door operation (Why?)
Power tailgate opening and closing
2-way power glass moonroof with “one-touch” operation
DVD-based Navigation system with Voice Activation
Rails (Bad looking !)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Was Anthracite headliner an option or included for free? That exterior color looks great and I am either going for that color or Vermillion Red! Not too big of a fan of the Aluminum interior for this expensive of a car and think it needs the dark wood trim
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 35d

Very nice pic's!!! Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Very nice pic's!!! Thanks. PalBay
Over here in Europe we try what we can, but apart from the Munich guys it is very difficult to find some footage..

If only you knew how lucky you are...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post

I can't figure it out, but the majority of people I talk to who see the X6 or pictures of it tend to comment negatively. My dealer's sales personnel just attended an X6 selling seminar and they came back quite negative. "Very specialized vehicle", "Can't imagine who would want one of these", etc. Wow, and this is the first BMW I have lusted after for ten years or more! I get to find out more next Tuesday when I am going to a charity dinner thing the night before the local auto show opens, so I'll get to sit in an X6 and make brrrmm noises. I hope my wife likes it -- she thinks I have gone quite senile.
I sat in it (and made brumm noises at Geneva earlier this week) and thought it was great. It was getting so much attention and lots of positive comments. Once more people see them on the road I suspect they will change their views.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko View Post
Soft-close automatic door operation (Why?)
The way people slam the doors of my X5, I can't wait for soft-close doors. A friend has them on his Acura (high-end Honda in case you don't get them in Europe) and I think they are wonderful.

The power tailgate is a cool feature, too. It has, I think, four preset heights and you select one of them using iDrive. Then whenever you push the button to open the tailgate, it stops at the selected height. That way, if you have an underground parking lot, you can set the tailgate so that it doesn't hit the ceiling or any overhead pipes or whatever. To open it all the way, you pull down on it a bit and let go; what BMW calls a "ballpoint pen" mechanism.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #10
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
The way people slam the doors of my X5, I can't wait for soft-close doors. A friend has them on his Acura (high-end Honda in case you don't get them in Europe) and I think they are wonderful.

The power tailgate is a cool feature, too. It has, I think, four preset heights and you select one of them using iDrive. Then whenever you push the button to open the tailgate, it stops at the selected height. That way, if you have an underground parking lot, you can set the tailgate so that it doesn't hit the ceiling or any overhead pipes or whatever. To open it all the way, you pull down on it a bit and let go; what BMW calls a "ballpoint pen" mechanism.
Power Tailgate is nice and indeed works as you described..
The one on the pictures had the softclose, then I do not think people will not slam the doors, unless they are frequent users of your car...
I actually slammed them without realising this one had the soft close option.
On the other side, do not get upset the bimmer remains unaffected by the slamming...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #11
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

Soft close doors will definitely be on my list. Hate having to re-close doors that weren't initially closed with enough force!
Appreciate 0