E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2010 335D - DBC, DSC Malfunction, and Start-Off Assistance Inactive - Thoughts?

04-08-2016, 02:13 AM   #1
bhuether
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sedan Sport Pkg

2010 335D - DBC, DSC Malfunction, and Start-Off Assistance Inactive - Thoughts?

Good Morning,

I recently had some work done on my car. Front axle replaced. Also, I had my winter tires/rims swapped out for my summer tires/rims. A day after the tires were swapped (and about a week after the axle replacement) I was driving along and suddenly these 3 malfunctions appeared.

Seems unlikely that this is a coincidence. Maybe the changing of the tires somehow can influence this?

Would appreciate any insights. My gut feeling is that this is more of an electrical connection problem than an actual problem with the sensor(s).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuether View Post
Good Morning,

I recently had some work done on my car. Front axle replaced. Also, I had my winter tires/rims swapped out for my summer tires/rims. A day after the tires were swapped (and about a week after the axle replacement) I was driving along and suddenly these 3 malfunctions appeared.

Seems unlikely that this is a coincidence. Maybe the changing of the tires somehow can influence this?

Would appreciate any insights. My gut feeling is that this is more of an electrical connection problem than an actual problem with the sensor(s).

Thanks!
Look up the fix for the steering angle sensor. I have the same issue and found the fix in this thread. I comes down to either the encoder is not reading due to contamination (clean it) or the solder on the PCB needs fixing.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520467