BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
BlueTrane
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mariner Limited

Cool M3 Premium Sound and futures

The Enhanced Premium Sound system in the M3 has at its core the most advanced DSP programming anywhere, and THIS is where it gets its nuances and richness. Dirac Research in Sweden did the software, and be aware that you will hear more about Dirac as time goes on. I also heard a Dirac-optimized system in an otherwise boring Chrysler Sebring sedan with the (very) ordinary factory sound system. After the Dirac Research reprogramming, I was absolutely blown away by the depth, accuracy, and range of the resulting sound. Just for the record, I am NOT employed by Dirac, but you better believe I am watching carefully for an opportunity to invest in the company. Apparently they are on the verge of more deals for sound systems in other high-end brands. These guys are totally onto something very cool and my musician's ears (40 years in jazz, R&B, and rock) were treated to aural beauty like I've never heard before. So - it ain't necessarily the amp or the head or the speakers, folks. It's the brains and ears and sweat coming out of Dirac Research.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
wgerman
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Will Dirac spread throughout the BMW line? Outside of the M line,the regular 5 series has it,but not here in the US.......yet. I wander if the new X6 will have it.

I wander what is it about their algorithim thats different from time delaying DSPs in Dynaudio,Bang&Olufsen and yes Bose.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
The Big Easy
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 sparkling graphite| M-DCT

Hi BlueTrane
Is this for the 16 speaker system with optimised cooling system? Do you havw any pictures of this system (its coded here as 752 on the option list).

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
BlueTrane
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mariner Limited

Sound System Pictures

These are the only pictures I have of the Premium Sound System - they're from BMW's literature on the product. The attached file is in PDF format. Again, the key to the Enhanced system is the Dirac software that reprograms the DSP.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMWi_FLYER_AUDIO_108_english.pdf (772.6 KB, 808 views)
Appreciate 0