THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Mission Performance: New style of remote coding and diagnostic

04-24-2016, 11:49 PM   #1
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Mission Performance: New style of remote coding and diagnostic

Remote coding has been offered by many vendors for a while now, though most are still using the old, obsolete technology. Until now, customers had to download/install a 1GB+ software package and allow remote desktop control access to your computer.
Well now this is about to change. We are in process of rolling out our custom remote coding, factory update, performance flash and complete vehicle error diagnostic. All of this will be done using a simple cable package (that you can rent from us) as well as a 5mb software package. All you need is a laptop with stable internet connection as well as one USB port. A customer will start a program, click connect and that's it. Sit back and relax while we do the work on our end, without compromising your computer's safety by using a remote desktop applications.

Coding package is self explanatory. The customer downloads and fills out the coding checklist PDF, uploaded it at the time of purchase. We remotely connect to your car and perform all of the coding.

Diagnostic package will allow us to run a full vehicle diagnostic using BMW factory software and send you a full diagnostic report. This will include error code/airbag/adaptation reset.

Factory update package allows us to perform full BMW factory update on your vehicle. Most updates are quick and can be performed over personal hot-spot. Bigger updates such as navigation NBT/CIC require a steady high-speed internet connection.

Performance re-flash package allows us to flash your vehicle remotely. This is designed for our returning customers that have purchased M-Boot option and would like to update to higher performance stage of the reflash.
Appreciate 2
      04-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
tigerbun504
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT Mineral White

Interested...

Would like to know pricing info.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #3
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I'm listening. What's the price and time frame?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

I'd like pricing as well.
      05-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #5
tigerbun504
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT Mineral White

FYI, a vendor that I purchased the ethernet-to-OBD2 cable from charges $100 for one coding session.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
The pricing depends on the fact if you are buying the hardware or want to rent it. Typical coding session $150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbun504 View Post
FYI, a vendor that I purchased the ethernet-to-OBD2 cable from charges $100 for one coding session.
Yes, we are are the current prices that other vendors are offering. No other vendor has remote option such as we do that allows us to perform full diagnostic, update, and coding without using team viewer/remote desktop assistance.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 02:22 AM   #7
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
The pricing depends on the fact if you are buying the hardware or want to rent it. Typical coding session $150.

Yes, we are are the current prices that other vendors are offering. No other vendor has remote option such as we do that allows us to perform full diagnostic, update, and coding without using team viewer/remote desktop assistance.
Actually, I have come across another vendor which does this too. I've personally been doing it too to code my car from my desktop.

Last edited by Gabrola; 05-23-2016 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 0