F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > HU_ENTRY to NBT coding
Extreme Powerhouse

05-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Jorrd93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d MSport

HU_ENTRY to NBT coding

Hi,

From the other DIY thread this is what is said:

Those coming from HU_Entry
Add VO: 609 - Professional Navigation
Change VO: 6NH to 6NS - It's like 6NK but for NBT
VO code HU_NBT and Kombi
Done

However, I want to unlock BMW Apps & any other cool features I can get along the way. I also have installed the touch controller which works at the moment but will that have to be changed in the coding too?

All I know to do at the moment is to go into VO coding and change for HU_NBT & Kombi them codes above.

Does the head unit I have now have it's own codes? So anything coded onto that I can just add to my Kombi and it will be ok?

Anybody help?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Jorrd93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d MSport

I have requested the VIN of the head unit from the seller.

I VO(?) coded the car for 609, 6NR & 6NS and applied it to HU_NBT and BKOMBI ECU's. I had to change __REMOTE_APPS in the CAFD file in the HU_NBT ecu from not active to active for it to show up.

I think i'm done... but I still have very temperamental bluetooth and my navigation is off by about 100 feet. Will this be a coding or a hardware issue?

EDIT:

I also don't get warning sounds/chimes - which i've read is from the MOST cable which I never had in the first place coming from HU_ENTRY. Any work arounds?
I don't get a overview of the car while reversing like I used to from the PDC. Even pressing the PDC button doesn't bring it up.
Appreciate 0