BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-13-2016, 03:51 AM   #1
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

MY dealer has confused me

So, car was in Spire Kentish town for some unrelated warranty work and they carried out the usual health check....

I should also note that the car was in 3 weeks ago for an MOT and all that was required was some new tyres...

So....They have no come back and said that my front disks need replacement and my rear pads need replacement...I know that there is a lip on the front disc and will probablly need replacing within the next 5,000 miles which for me is over 1 year away...

So I went to my service advisor and basically stated that I havent really driven my car in the last 4 weeks so why am I being told that I needed pads and discs now...The dealer trying to carry out unnecessary repair work is what I thought to myself?

The service manager then came back and said that they didnt need to be changed now and they were just advisories however Im looking at the paperwork now which clearly says that the front disc and rear pad needs to be changed hence my other thread on where can I source original BMW parts for reasonable money...

Very strange and now I dont know whether they need to be changed or not but if I can source some cheap parts ill prob buy them now anyway for whenever they actually need to be changed

Anyone had any similar experiences?....I know Kwik fit utilises these kind of tactics but BMW????
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
harry007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: White M5 F10

Think its just a simple case of advisories. However you can check the rear pads yourself to see how far they have got.

As for front discs, you can get the re-skimmed which will remove the lip. All for little money.

H
Appreciate 0