THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM My M235i Order and Performance parts

06-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

My M235i Order and Performance parts

Hey guys,

I'm two months into an M235i build order and I'm starting to get excited as I'm a couple of weeks away from delivery. I first drove one about two years back and instantly fell for it... Which is a shame for my current car as it felt a bit neglected since that day. (Scirocco)

I was always inspired by the M Performance edition and have been debating what parts to get ever since my order... The garage have been great and have quoted me up on the full package as well as lighter options and I have a week or so to decided to give them chance to spec it for the big day.

I suppose my ask for you guys is what do people think of the M405 wheels and more importantly how do you find the Pirelli PZero tyres handle relative to the stock ones on UK roads. I love these wheels and with the full kit they look like a mini M2 ? I'm running 19s on my sirocco at the moment and are used to the stiffness but would love to get insight from you guys... Plus upload pics of you cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey guys.... Cars in its way.... Will bounce some pix up when I see her. (He early inspired by the above pix)

I've stocked up on external M-Performance parts... But have you guys got any favourites when it comes to the parts... And has anyone loaded up on interior parts.... Love the carbon stuff but might have to wait a couple of months to add them on.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 04:49 AM   #3
worktolivelife
Private
Rep
Drives: Mine

Can't think of any of the M Performance options that doesn't enhance the car, the cravat being visually. Picked mine up fully loaded with M Performance goodies and in all honesty it's what drew me to it in the showroom
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 04:57 AM   #4
worktolivelife
Private
Rep
Drives: Mine

Just as a heads up got the full interior carbon fibre/alcantara with race display steering wheel for £2k fitted, worth it??? Well pleasure costs and the value of anything is in how it makes you feel and it defiantly makes the interior feel special IMHO
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #5
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolivelife
Just as a heads up got the full interior carbon fibre/alcantara with race display steering wheel for £2k fitted, worth it??? Well pleasure costs and the value of anything is in how it makes you feel and it defiantly makes the interior feel special IMHO
I know what you mean.... The above pix hooked me in.... ? love the idea of the carbon interior but might have to save up for that one. £2k seems quite fair though. You got any nice pix?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 02:36 AM   #6
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyUK View Post
I know what you mean.... The above pix hooked me in.... ? love the idea of the carbon interior but might have to save up for that one. £2k seems quite fair though. You got any nice pix?
IMO I think it depends what colour your leather is. Black and it will make your interior very dark.

A middle ground could just be the wheel, alcantara dash cover and pedal covers?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #7
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhalley
Quote:
IMO I think it depends what colour your leather is. Black and it will make your interior very dark.

A middle ground could just be the wheel, alcantara dash cover and pedal covers?
Nice idea... Think dash set, pedals and gear/handbrake will be a must. Might have to wait a bit though.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice idea... Think dash set, pedals and gear/handbrake will be a must. Might have to wait a bit though.
Yeah handbrake gaiter looks great in alcantara and its black already so no harm there.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #9
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah handbrake gaiter looks great in alcantara and its black already so no harm there.
Think it's going to be a must in 6 months time. ??
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #10
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

It's here!!!! So I've been running it for a month now..... So happy with it... Even if the 19"s are far too hard!!! Let us know what you think guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #11
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's here!!!! So I've been running it for a month now..... So happy with it... Even if the 19"s are far too hard!!! Let us know what you think guys.
Ahh sweet. What have you gone for on the interior? Any colour photos?

Here's mine now, nearly two months old!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 05:54 PM   #12
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
and again
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #13
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ahh sweet. What have you gone for on the interior? Any colour photos?

Here's mine now, nearly two months old!
Hey fella.... Not many photos at the moment as the weather has been shocking.... But will post up soon. No M Performance bits on the inside at the moment but I'm loving the carbon bits... Might have to treat myself soon. I got the pro nav and HK upgrades.

What about yourself... Loving the blue... Did you do much on the inside? How are you finding the 19"s on the road?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 03:53 AM   #14
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hey fella.... Not many photos at the moment as the weather has been shocking.... But will post up soon. No M Performance bits on the inside at the moment but I'm loving the carbon bits... Might have to treat myself soon. I got the pro nav and HK upgrades.

What about yourself... Loving the blue... Did you do much on the inside? How are you finding the 19"s on the road?
I know! Keep trying to get out to the countryside but it's not been good.

I am fine with the 19s and new tyres.

Are you getting all the interior bits and pieces? I'd love the race wheel with the LED display. Might be a xmas present

Also if the pedals were an easy fit I'd get them straight away, just can't be bothered with all the drilling.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #15
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I know! Keep trying to get out to the countryside but it's not been good.

I am fine with the 19s and new tyres.

Are you getting all the interior bits and pieces? I'd love the race wheel with the LED display. Might be a xmas present

Also if the pedals were an easy fit I'd get them straight away, just can't be bothered with all the drilling.
Think a blast on country roads is in order with the weather changing. Have you changed the tyres at all? I'm tempted to swap out the run flats for some sticky Michelins.

Pedals, carbon dash set, carbon gear and hand brake are all on my wish list.... Might have to put them on my Christmas list too.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:24 AM   #16
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

looks good, I have the metal M pedals they look great.
i had a RR on mine yesterday, only basic tune with RaceChip box. i have a bhp at wheels of 312 now and est flywheel of 375 so 50BHP up on standard, just enough to give an extra kick. Box can be set higher but ill keep mid way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #17
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeadam
looks good, I have the metal M pedals they look great.
i had a RR on mine yesterday, only basic tune with RaceChip box. i have a bhp at wheels of 312 now and est flywheel of 375 so 50BHP up on standard, just enough to give an extra kick. Box can be set higher but ill keep mid way.
Nice work Lee.... Going for a mini M2 I take it. Were you selling yours?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:31 AM   #18
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

hi well i was going to as wanted to get a sporty 4 door but think may stick with this for a bit as its crazy quick now. Yeah more power than M2 now so lots of fun.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 05:38 PM   #19
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
hi well i was going to as wanted to get a sporty 4 door but think may stick with this for a bit as its crazy quick now. Yeah more power than M2 now so lots of fun.
Nah.... 4 doors are no fun.... Stick with the M2 beater. Did you change the wheels in the end?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #20
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nah.... 4 doors are no fun.... Stick with the M2 beater. Did you change the wheels in the end?
no if a nice set of genuine bmw 19s come up i will though. I check every now and then...heres how car looks so far in the light of sandbanks bay Dorset.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #21
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
no if a nice set of genuine bmw 19s come up i will though. I check every now and then...heres how car looks so far in the light of sandbanks bay Dorset.
Great picture!!!
Appreciate 0