GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

06-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Ghosn
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

A few quetions

Some queries I have that are probably obvious to some.

1. I've now done my 2000ks but have my car booked in for Tuesday service. I haven't yet given the car full stick yet but I'm eager to do so this weekend given I'll be doing a bit of driving. Can I do any harm giving it full stick before the first service or should I just wait a little longer and get the service over and done with to be safe?

2. When in manual mode with DCT, I've noticed near the 'current gear' display on the dash another smaller number beside it, would that be the suggested/ideal gear to be in if cruising?

3. Does BMW/Bodyshop do wheel repairs? If so, would they be the recommended choice to repair wheels or is there better options? (I nicked the gutter slightly )

4. Sometimes after cancelling my navigation, I notice the navigation arrow is still present on the head up display and I can't work out how to remove it, ideas?

5. Is there any audible exhaust note difference from Sport to Sport+. I can't notice it but just want to be sure.

Cheers

Last edited by Ghosn; 06-11-2016 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

Not sure about most of the questions, but I think there is not much diff between sport and sport + with the exhaust that I've noticed. Also if you are in Melb, I would go to Wheel Solutions in Richmond to get your kerb rash fixed.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 01:15 AM   #3
chromedome
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Alpine White, 911 997.2

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn View Post
Some queries I have that are probably obvious to some.

1. I've now done my 2000ks but have my car booked in for Tuesday service. I haven't yet given the car full stick yet but I'm eager to do so this weekend given I'll be doing a bit of driving. Can I do any harm giving it full stick before the first service or should I just wait a little longer and get the service over and done with to be safe?

2. When in manual mode with DCT, I've noticed near the 'current gear' display on the dash another smaller number beside it, would that be the suggested/ideal gear to be in if cruising?

3. Does BMW/Bodyshop do wheel repairs? If so, would they be the recommended choice to repair wheels or is there better options? (I nicked the gutter slightly )

4. Sometimes after cancelling my navigation, I notice the navigation arrow is still present on the head up display and I can't work out how to remove it, ideas?

5. Is there any audible exhaust note difference from Sport to Sport+. I can't notice it but just want to be sure.

Cheers
1. Just hold off until the first service - the diagnostics will record an 'over-rev' and BMW being BMW, may use that to deny future warranty claims. I think (but am not 100% sure) that there are limits put in place that get removed at the first service.

2. Yep the 'suggested' gear is for maximum economy.

3. Yep they do. Expensive though - $395 per wheel. There's a bunch of repairers around and if it's only minor you don't need genuine BMW.

4. Dunno, maybe a bug - when you go in for service, mention it and they may do an update. I had some issues initially and needed an update - it did take a while though - almost all-day.

5. Not really, it will come on earlier thought in Sport+ - quicker throttle repsonse.
Appreciate 1