THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA Purchasing new m235

06-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
throttle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Purchasing new m235

Hi guys,

Finally decided to pull the trigger in a m235.

I heard there is a lot of discount going on after the release of the m2. I've spoke to a couple of dealers and getting mixed feedbacks.

Just wanted to see if anyone have picked up new m235s recently and how much you paid for it.

Feel free to Pm me.

Thanks in advance.
Alan
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #2
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

I would suggest purchasing before 30 June but there may not be many available for immediate delivery. You should aim for about 20-25% off drive away price. After June you will not get anywhere close to this for a new car.

If you miss the June cut off you may want to look privately or wait till the December sales. When I was looking at private sales you could get a fully optioned M235i, with extended warranty (3 years remaining) for about 60-65k (excluding on-road costs). This was about two months ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '05 LMB 130i

I have rather recent experience with this as I just purchased one today.

You better get in quick if you want a new vehicle, as there are 23 (now 22 ) cars left either in the country or coming in to the country.

Mine is arriving in August and has just been built I believe. To give you an idea with regards to price, I knocked 29% off drive away RRP. I've elected to go through their full circle program so I'm certain that helped a bit with the negotiation.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 05:16 AM   #4
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i

There will be big discounts at the moment as the M235i is running out before it switches to M240i.
      06-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #5
2er
Private
Rep

I paid $80k DA in Jan, but that included a $36,500 trade in on a 2010 135i. So if you took the trade out, was probably the equivalent of paying mid to late $70k's.

Car was EB, has roof, rear parking camera and comfort pack

Be careful if using BMW finance, their rates can be very high if you don't negotiate hard. In Jan I secured 5.04% - but took a lot of phone calls to different contacts to get that rate. Was a guy on the forums that they signed up north of 8%
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 02:34 AM   #6
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Worth noting that the interest rate is higher when opting for the full circle program unfortunately - and the rate is non-negotiable.

I got offered 5.8% and was told the rate for non-full circle is 4.99%. I haven't signed papers nor proceeded through for approval yet, so might try push the girl a bit more tomorrow to see if I can drop it any further.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #7
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i & VW Scirocco R

[QUOTE=throttle;20158573]Hi guys,

I heard there is a lot of discount going on after the release of the m2. I've spoke to a couple of dealers and getting mixed feedbacks.

Just wanted to see if anyone have picked up new m235s recently and how much you paid for it.

Feel free to Pm me.

Thanks in advance
Alan

Hi there Alan

Now would be a good time to buy with the eofy sale on
I paid 65k for a new 2016 White 6MT] which I think is a pretty good deal
I had been sniffing around for a while and they knew I would only buy if it was a good deal
Go get em ! make em work for your hard earned money
Good luck and let us know how you go
Cheers
Paul
Appreciate 2
      06-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #8
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Jeez that's a good deal, 65k drive away I take it?. Possible they were keen to move on a 6MT as I doubt there's many of those around and not much demand. Any options or completely standard?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #9
silverbeet25
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: a little bimmer

they sure don't hold their value that well, a mate bought his fully optioned m235i back in 2014 for 95k, now you'd be looking at 60-65k for a used one
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #10
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

It's the case with any car - they always get cheaper towards the end of the model life.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #11
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Great price, Paul! 65k DA is a good deal

How long till it arrives? Be good to see a few more owners on the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 12:48 AM   #12
2er
Private
Rep

Wow... $65,000 DA is exceptional. I imagine the incoming M240 may have helped.

Can't speak for the M235i - but gee my 135i held it's value well. I paid just under $85,000 for one of the 1st DCT's in June 2010 - and after 5 years people were asking early to mid $40,000's on Car Sales. Not sure what they were getting - but traded it at $36,500.

I CHP my cars - and the first time I have ended up with positive equity in a car in a long time.

Unfortunately, the early adopters of the M235i got stung pretty bad.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #13
driftn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

[QUOTE=ginge235;20163782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle View Post
Hi guys,

Feel free to Pm me.

Thanks in advance
Alan

Hi there Alan

Now would be a good time to buy with the eofy sale on
I paid 65k for a new 2016 White 6MT] which I think is a pretty good deal
I had been sniffing around for a while and they knew I would only buy if it was a good deal
Go get em ! make em work for your hard earned money
Good luck and let us know how you go
Cheers
Paul
I am currently looking to get into a new or low km M235i.
At 65k its a bit of a no brainer to go for a new one.
Many dealers currently have 2015 demonstrators advertised anywhere from mid to high 70's, with some 2016 model cars advertised in the low 80's.
Keen to know where you were able to get such a cracking deal.
Please PM me with the dealer contact details if you dont mind.
Im based in Sydney but happy to travel interstate to secure one at a great price.
Regards Steve
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 04:51 AM   #14
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

Hi Guys.
For a few months I looked at many 2nd hand units on car sales at low to high 70's most auto with comfort packs.But truth be told, I didn't really care about extras and nearly pulled the trigger on a one year old silver auto with comfort pack.This same car I offered low 70's and was told needed to be at high 70's. I Politely said no thanks and when I can get a good deal I will more than likely buy.
Went back last month and they had the silver one at high 60,s?? So I told em I would have bought her last month at that price so they missed out ,they then asked me what I would be prepared to pay and I said now it would be mid 60's. They then showed me the new white manual with no extras,and I was really keen on a manual so I said I would pay the same price for the new manual ...they said yes and so it was time to buy !!!
I had conversations with a few other Brisbane dealers and they were talking 80+....as our mate says "tell em they're dreaming"!hahah
If they have one on the lot and it's month end you will get a good deal. Dont be afraid to walk out a few times till they get the message that you will hold out for best price.its a fun game if you have the patience and time on your side and you don't get a rush of blood !!!
With M240 and M2 in the equation there's gotta be a heap of good deals around
One of the things working in my favour was they had the eofy sale on and had sold half a dozen cars that weekend so perhaps they took a small hit just to get another sale up...maybe??'

Last edited by Vortexginge; 07-04-2016 at 05:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 05:35 AM   #15
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge235 View Post
One of the things working in my favour was they had the eofy sale on and had sold half a dozen cars that weekend so perhaps they took a small hit just to get another sale up...maybe??'
Suspect the car being manual also helped - I can't imagine the demand for the 6MT is that great in comparison to the 8AT. Still a ripper deal I must say!

Dealership I purchased from, the sales guy mentioned the previous weekend was their largest single day in terms of sales - 23 cars!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 04:01 AM   #16
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=driftn;20202680]
Quote:

Many dealers currently have 2015 demonstrators advertised anywhere from mid to high 70's, with some 2016 model cars advertised in the low 80's.
Im based in Sydney but happy to travel interstate to secure one at a great price.
Regards Steve

Hi Steve

I will check with the salesman to see if he still has available the demo 2015 model silver auto with sunroof and comfort pack, 7k on the clock ( perhaps more now)....might be able to get him down to Mid 60's or less if its still there??...tba..cheers Paul
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 04:08 AM   #17
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGr View Post
Suspect the car being manual also helped - I can't imagine the demand for the 6MT is that great in comparison to the 8AT. Still a ripper deal I must say!

Dealership I purchased from, the sales guy mentioned the previous weekend was their largest single day in terms of sales - 23 cars!
23 BMW'S is an amazing total for the weekend!!...Could live large for a few months on the commission from that!..Being in the big smoke down in Melbourne would help.. the dealership I purchased from was outside of Brisbane ie Regional Qld

Hope you enjoy your new beast..are you planning to mod?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:03 AM   #18
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
23 BMW'S is an amazing total for the weekend!!...Could live large for a few months on the commission from that!..Being in the big smoke down in Melbourne would help.. the dealership I purchased from was outside of Brisbane ie Regional Qld

Hope you enjoy your new beast..are you planning to mod?
I seem to hear really mixed things re. sales persons salaries. I've heard people say majority of their money comes from bonus' from hitting sales targets, not commissions... but then on the other hand I know of someone who worked at a Mercedes dealer in Melbourne where over half the sales people were earning over $200k/yr...

As for the car - I haven't got it yet! Delivery should be sometime in the first or second week of August. I've only driven one once, and for about 5 hours... and I'm fairly keen. Coming out of an E46 M3 it will have big shoes to fill, but for me it seemed to be a quicker, more comfortable car than the M3. Only thing the E46 M3 has going for it really is the engine & noise, the rest of the package feels dated.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #19
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGr View Post
I seem to hear really mixed things re. sales persons salaries. I've heard people say majority of their money comes from bonus' from hitting sales targets, not commissions... but then on the other hand I know of someone who worked at a Mercedes dealer in Melbourne where over half the sales people were earning over $200k/yr...
I would imagine car salesman would be on either targets or commission. I really think it depends on the manufacturer, how much the cars are worth etc.

I generally think car salesman would be very similar to real estate agents, where they get a base salary, but their commission have to cover the pro rata salary before getting extras. Eg. 50k a year. In a month, the real commission is only anything over $4.2k. Whereas if you sell under $4.2k the "debt" will roll over. So if you sell 0 cars, you'll have to cover $8.4k worth of commission before making anything. So like real estate agents, if you have good relationships with your customers, have multiple high volume buyers, it's easy to make heaps of money.

But I've also heard from my BMW car salesman that they only receive their commission if they score 8.5/10 in the customer consumer survey.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #20
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=driftn;20202680]
Quote:

Regards Steve

Hi Steve pm sent with details...good luck
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 08:08 PM   #21
throttle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for all the comments.

I made the purchase. M235i black on black, sun roof, comfort package, harman kardon for $74k DA.

Great service from Sylvania, extremely happy customer.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #22
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle View Post
Thanks for all the comments.

I made the purchase. M235i black on black, sun roof, comfort package, harman kardon for $74k DA.

Great service from Sylvania, extremely happy customer.
Congrats, have you got the car yet or is it on its way?

Did you end up doing finance or full circle finance?
Appreciate 0