BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > F20 Classifieds > Wife totaled out her 2011 Z4 35i DCT. 27k miles. car drives too!

07-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
TandR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11' Z4 35i

Wife totaled out her 2011 Z4 35i DCT. 27k miles. car drives too!

Now this is a Z4, BUT, hold on, don't run away just yet; N54 engine and DCT Trans run just fine (video below). No damage done at all to them. I would post them on the Z4 forum but there are a lack of owners lol. 27k miles. Post on up. Here is a pre-accident photo. Post accident ones below.

Here's a few pics of the car

USAA had Rick Hendrick do $6000 dollars in repairs to find the unibody is twisted. Car does drive! I do not have the time to part it. Car is being sold as a whole car.

$10,990 with almost $5,000 in aftermarket work included with the car, see below.

We purchased this car back in 2013 with 18k miles on it from a certified bmw dealership in ohio. We had it shipped down to South Carolina and had it for about 2 years till she totaled it. Here is the list of options on the car.

Here is a few screen shots of the repairs made to the car by Rick Hendrick Luxury Collision in Charleston SC. I screen shotted it because the first page has a lot of personal info on it.

Also we have ALL the service records receipts and all aftermarket receipts of the parts we purchased. It's a ton of receipts but I do have them and they are yours if you want the car.

Aftermarket work done to the car:

Cobb Accessport (currently unmarried but is included with the sale price)
H&R lowering springs
Custom VRSF catless downpipes
18" dual vibrant resonators
Secondary cats deleted
Muffler delete
Flat black tips
VRSF 7" stepped intercooler
VVT Turbo inlets
Burger DCI
Nitto NT05 245 fronts and 275 rears
satin black powder coated factory19s (though most are shot)
Roll bars and bumper slats painted red by local paint shop

Below is a pic of the custom downpipes. Basically VRSF gave me a 1/2 way pre-fabbed set and I took them to a well known local welder and had them done to fit the car perfectly. Then set a set to VRSF and kept on set for myself.

Last pic is actually a video of it driving. I put it through 4 of the 7 speeds since thats about as fast as I wanted to take it. It does drive, but not sure how fast it will go since it still needs repairs and the rear driver side tire is flat as well. That being said. Here it is:

Why the car was totaled. And yes the roof does close and the sensor shows it closed, but as you can see there is def a twist in the unibody

[b] The only reason the check engine light is on is because of the temp sensor showing its -40c. I ran my diagnostics tool and got the code P0073. Looked it up to find it as "faulty ambient temp sensor". Makes sense since we live in charleston SC and -40c is a bit off lol.

And these are all the other faults the car is currently flagging

Here is a short video showing the car driving from Park to Drive then to reverse and then back to park.

Appreciate 0