THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Weird black iDrive screen?

07-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
cpxchewy
Monkey
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Weird black iDrive screen?

After I coded some features I started getting a weird iDrive bug. (I tried to move to a 8.8 inch display, but it hit these same problems so I moved back to 6.5 inch display and uncoded those features. However the bugs persisted)

I have a weird issue where the screen will be black (still on, just black) if the car shuts down but electronics doesn't shut down completely. However, if I wait for the entire system to shut down (or just pull the negative on the terminal) and then turn the car back on the screen will work again.

Here are the steps to reproduce it:
Start car. Drive. Park/leave car. Wait 10 min or so. Go back to car. Start car again, screen lits up but it's black.

However, these steps will not reproduce it:
Start car. Drive. Park car. Start car again. (Screen is still working)
Start car. Drive. Park/leave car. Wait 30 min or so (however long it takes to fully shutdown everything). Go back to car. Start car again.

Anyone have this problem? I don't want to bring it in (yet) because it's a minor inconvenience and I installed the bimmertech camera package and would need to uninstall it.

Alternatively, does anyone have the default coding for HU_ENTRYNAV. I might just download it and see if there is something different that I screwed up on.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0