R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

07-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
rmizzle101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4

AutoTecknic Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers

Ordered a pair of mirror covers....received them pretty quick. Went to install them and the left hand mirror cover would not snap on. Something was definitely off because my oem one clicked in no problem. Contacted them and I got a replacement left cover however it STILL does not fit. To make sure this wasn't a user error I even took it to my local bmw to install and they agreed that the mold was off and could not be correctly installed.

Currently waiting to return the items.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
mancona
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I had the same problem but the replacement set I received did fit. the driver side is not perfect but still snapped in easily. passenger side fits great.

on the first set the driver one was clearly off.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #3
suprf80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80

I literally just installed mine 45 minutes ago and both were 100% perfect in fitment and weave.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Whom is the best vendor for these - cost wise?
      09-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
330cibimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf80
I literally just installed mine 45 minutes ago and both were 100% perfect in fitment and weave.
Hi. Just curious. I'm having fitment issues on both sides. Is there a step by step pretty that you followed or did it just snap on easily? I followed ind and autotechnic DIY video and can't get it to fit..
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
suprf80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cibimmer
Quote:
Hi. Just curious. I'm having fitment issues on both sides. Is there a step by step pretty that you followed or did it just snap on easily? I followed ind and autotechnic DIY video and can't get it to fit..
Thanks in advance
I used a nylon pry tool (bondo spreader will work too) and started at the edge closest to the car. Worked it under and the tabs started to release. First one took about 5 minutes. Second one took 5 seconds. Ind has a video where the guy uses his fingers but I couldn't do that.

Installing, I inserted bottom tabs first and then moved to the top.

Btw - I bought mine from Creative Motoring.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
330cibimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance
I used a nylon pry tool (bondo spreader will work too) and started at the edge closest to the car. Worked it under and the tabs started to release. First one took about 5 minutes. Second one took 5 seconds. Ind has a video where the guy uses his fingers but I couldn't do that.

Appreciate it. Followed same steps but having fitment issues. I've tried it 100 times and still won't fit. Will definitely send these back.
Thanks
Appreciate 1
suprf8019.00
      09-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
suprf80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance

Appreciate it. Followed same steps but having fitment issues. I've tried it 100 times and still won't fit. Will definitely send these back.
Thanks
Sorry to hear that.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 05:36 PM   #9
rmizzle101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance

Thanks
Yeah when my problem happened, I sent them back and got a new pair.

Same problem persisted and I even took them to my local BMW and they even said the tabs are definitely off.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #10
330cibimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzinajdawi
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance

Thanks
Yeah when my problem happened, I sent them back and got a new pair.

Same problem persisted and I even took them to my local BMW and they even said the tabs are definitely off.
That's frustrating. Did you get another set to see if it works? I'm trying to get a refund because the manufacturer is saying its install error. How can I get it wrong a hundred times when my oem ones just snap right in?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #11
ralphie9677
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

It is not user error. There is a certain percentage of caps that simply don't fit correctly and never will. You were the unlucky one this time. Send them back and ask for replacements or your money back.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #12
330cibimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie9677
It is not user error. There is a certain percentage of caps that simply don't fit correctly and never will. You were the unlucky one this time. Send them back and ask for replacements or your money back.
Sending them back since the manufacturer says its installer error to have both sides not fit right.. BS!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #13
quantwothree
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Here's a video from Autotecknic on a DIY install.

I personally have them myself and installed both sides in less than 5 mins. Zero issues on my end.