F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Service Costs
ARMA SPEED

08-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
Black16
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32

Service Costs

I thought I'd post this as a way for others who like me regrettably didn't opt for a service pack to save money

I supply my own genuine bmw parts (dealers have checked and inspected already and said their ok)

from ebay costs
£15 air filter
£15 micro/pollen filter
£15 fuel filter
£9 oil filter

6L Petronas Syntium XS 5W-30 Oil LongLife 04 Spec Halfords Trade price £34 (only need 6L)

BMW Labour - Oil & Microfilter Service £100-120
BMW Labour - Full Service £185

On an Oil Service & Microfilter I saved £160 compared to a dealer quote of £320

On a full service I saved £320 compared to someone I know who's receipt I attached (although I don't know why its so expensive to change a microfilter)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Good info, its a bit of PITA when you have no service pack.

I thought as I did low miles (5-6k maybe a year) that I wouldn't need it but of course condition based adjusts and I had oil service at 10k miles.

Calling around the dealer networks (want FBMWSH) it was a closed shop and no discounts unless the car was our of warranty. Was also annoying they insisted on pollen filter.

I found going to the dealer service portal pages helps - and I got a price cheaper than the dealer on the phone! its quite obfuscated and not clear whether VAT was included but they matched it. I think I was due to pay 280 or something like that (better than 300+) but they forgot to add VAT and I paid 227

They always forget the stamp (virtual stamp even) so it seems I need a brake service in Jan just before I hand it back in March so I will ask to get it added then.

websites are formed like : http://service.berrychiswickbmw.co.uk/
Appreciate 0