ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

Closed Thread

08-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW i3 REx

Detailed Pictures of the BMW M4 GTS

Copyright: NFPA Photography / IG: @nimindep in Collaboration with IG: @bmwmandeep (for the Undercarriage Shots ).

Apologize for the lightning and the dark images. The Center's lightning was not in my favor. Nonetheless, enjoy!

Currently, 5 our Grounded in the United States. 1 out of the 5 has already been sold.

Only 2 are in Alpine White, as of now!

Global Volume: 700 Units

SPECS
Displacement, CCM: 2,979
Horsepower: 493 (in Comparison to the M4 Competition Package this a +49 HP Increase!)
Torque: 443 (in Comparison to the M4 Competition Package this a +37 lb-ft Increase!)
0-60mph: 3.8s

Design:
CFRP Hood with Air Outlet (weighs 25% less than an Aluminium Equivalent)
CFRP Roof
Adjustable CFRP Front Splitter and Spoiler (3-Settings)
M Light Alloy Wheels 666 M in Acid Orange w/M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires
- Front 265/35 R19
- Rear 285/30 R20
BMW Organic Lights (OLEDs)
Titanium Sports Exhaust System/Carbon Fiber Diffuser
Alcantara Steering Wheel
GTS Logos
Door Pull Loops with ///M Colors
Lightweight Door Panels (Similar Material Seen on BMW i3 Door Panels)
Seat Belts with M Stripes
Roll Bar (Standard)
Lightweight Center Console

UNAVAILABLE OPTIONS:
2-Zone Climate Control
Rear View Camera
Enhanced Telephone with Extended Smartphone Connectivity
Comfort Access

Performance:
Water Injection System!! Perfectly explained by Jalopnik, "This unique system injects water into the intake manifold plenum chamber, and as the water turns into a vapor. Much in the way that sweating works, that evaporation cools everything down. That gives you cooler combustion, and cooler combustion temperatures mean you can run lower octane fuels, higher compression, more boost, all without knocking. Cooler combustion means you can get an engine to make more power, basically."

Water Tank and Water Pump is located in the Trunk (Distilled Water Only)

Three-Way M Coilover Suspension (mechanically adjustable)

Nürburgring Nordschleife: 7:28!!

Last edited by nfpabavaria; 08-10-2016 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
Naz241627.50
VCP1390.00
      08-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Wow. These photos make this car look unbelievable. Cant wait to see in person

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Wow. These photos make this car look unbelievable. Cant wait to see in person
The OLEDs is a must to see in person!
      08-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Nicest I've seen the GTS look thus far. Even the drop looks sick.
      08-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Nicest I've seen the GTS look thus far. Even the drop looks sick.
The Alpine White is my Favorite. Had the opportunity to see the first one on the Road. Spotted Coming Out of a Garage on PCH. Believe it was the Frozen Dark Grey with the $15k CF Wheels.
      08-10-2016, 04:35 PM   #6
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Germans

interesting thread....

what's with the 'unavailable options' thats kinda weird, I mean that could be a billion things but anyways nice pics!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful
interesting thread....

what's with the 'unavailable options' thats kinda weird, I mean that could be a billion things but anyways nice pics!
Can create a list of unavailable options. I see your point , but these are those common ones you would expect to come with the vehicle of this caliber. But due to the GTS being primarily for track, can see why they don't have these options. That's why I listed, Unavailable Options. Hope that makes sense.
      08-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #8
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

Nice pics! Said it many times, so glad I got a white one coming, damn its nice!
Great to see under car pics! I dont mind more of those if you can:-)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Unknown GT4 View Post
Nice pics! Said it many times, so glad I got a white one coming, damn its nice!
Great to see under car pics! I dont mind more of those if you can:-)
I think that was the last and only time, I will get access to the undercarriage. But congrats on scoring a white one! I am a very hands on person and appreciate all the mechanical adjusting of various suspension and aero parts for downforce.
      08-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #10
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpabavaria View Post
Can create a list of unavailable options. I see your point , but these are those common ones you would expect to come with the vehicle of this caliber. But due to the GTS being primarily for track, can see why they don't have these options. That's why I listed, Unavailable Options. Hope that makes sense.
oh...I get it....but I can tell you everyone at the welt didn't hear the end of me complaining about the lack of comfort access when I picked mine up in May. What can I say I'm a princess...the lack of comfort access #becauseracecar is ridiculous as the sensor weighs what an ounce?.....and in practice is pretty annoying, especially when you own many other bmw products, but anyways...carry on.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #11
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Quote:
oh...I get it....but I can tell you everyone at the welt didn't hear the end of me complaining about the lack of comfort access when I picked mine up in May. What can I say I'm a princess...the lack of comfort access #becauseracecar is ridiculous as the sensor weighs what an ounce?.....and in practice is pretty annoying, especially when you own many other bmw products, but anyways...carry on.
I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I think they should have went with no navi etc... If weight savings with comfort access makes so much difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 08:26 PM   #12
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I think they should have went with no navi etc... If weight savings with comfort access makes so much difference.
The idrive system is part of the cars diagnostic system. you need it to check your oil (no dip stick) and control system warnings. BMW is not going to change the whole electronic system just for that 700 cars.

Comfort access and rear camera can be taken out with ease and wont affect anything. But I do agree these 2 items should have been included as it weighs almost nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #13
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
The idrive system is part of the cars diagnostic system. you need it to check your oil (no dip stick) and control system warnings. BMW is not going to change the whole electronic system just for that 700 cars.

Comfort access and rear camera can be taken out with ease and wont affect anything. But I do agree these 2 items should have been included as it weighs almost nothing.
Makes total sense. Look at the 1M though you had a choice to order without Navigation.
Appreciate 1
jonsnowm3103.00
      08-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #14
mu2002cs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8

Great photos! I noticed that the US Toolkit is missing 4 pieced. Anyone know what those are? They are clearly visible in the Euro brochures.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #15
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Don't get me wrong you make an absolutely valid point regarding weight savings. Why opt out of Rearview Camera and Comfort Access when those items weigh close to nothing. Powerbeast The 1M came from a different branch of BMW, deep in Skunkworks territory. So I'm assuming they were more forgiving regarding what options can go out the door or stay, while the M4 GTS has newer systems that are more difficult to let go such as Navi/iDrive 4.2 and those systems are more heavily controlled with the ECU/Electronics. While the 1M was a bit more bare bone but packed one hell of punch under the bonnet.
      08-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #16
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2002cs View Post
Great photos! I noticed that the US Toolkit is missing 4 pieced. Anyone know what those are? They are clearly visible in the Euro brochures.
they are the eye hooks for the 5 point harness.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #17
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2002cs
I remember someone mentioned it is a re-branded KW toolkit and maybe if you search that kit, you can find that missing piece?
      08-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #18
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2002cs View Post
they are the eye hooks for the 5 point harness.
Nice find! I wish those passed for the US!
      08-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #19
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Nice find! I wish those passed for the US!
we are lucky to even get the M4 GTS in North America, the ppl at BMW M told us the laws are so strict over this side of the pond, its not even funny.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #20
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

-ok..I get that these are ridiculous problems...BUT:

Powerbeast.... you'll see:....

1) The no camera is annoying because as well all know, we are backing up into spots now that we all lowered our already low cars with that oh so delicate splitter....

2) Lack of comfort access..but presence of push to/keyless start becomes annoying;

.......ok...you probably own or have owned a bunch of bmw cars..so like me you are conditioned....

so you walk up to your car and reflexively grab the door....dammit..so you reach into your pocket to find the key ...pull it out and hit the door, then put the key back in your pocket because you don't use it start the car...so you have to put it somewhere... then you are finished you get out of the car...hit the handle to lock it...not present...so you dammit, fish back into your pocket to find the key again..pull it out and lock it, put the key back into your pocket...and then walk around to your trunk yank on it...it doesn't open....arghhhhhhhh take your key back out of your pocket....hit the trunk, put it back in your pocket ...rinse and repeat..

-I can't tell you how many times I would forget something in my car and or trunk after closing it...and needing to go through this multiple times at once...

...I'm just totally conditioned to comfort access from years of bmw's and multiple bmw products currently in the line up.... its petty...but It's almost an everyday annoyance.
....but like my wife puts up with my issues...I'm fine to put up with it...b/c the GTS is ready to party.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #21
jpics80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 - Alpine White

Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #22
nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

-ok..I get that these are ridiculous problems...BUT:

Powerbeast.... you'll see:....

1) The no camera is annoying because as well all know, we are backing up into spots now that we all lowered our already low cars with that oh so delicate splitter....

2) Lack of comfort access..but presence of push to/keyless start becomes annoying;

.......ok...you probably own or have owned a bunch of bmw cars..so like me you are conditioned....

so you walk up to your car and reflexively grab the door....dammit..so you reach into your pocket to find the key ...pull it out and hit the door, then put the key back in your pocket because you don't use it start the car...so you have to put it somewhere... then you are finished you get out of the car...hit the handle to lock it...not present...so you dammit, fish back into your pocket to find the key again..pull it out and lock it, put the key back into your pocket...and then walk around to your trunk yank on it...it doesn't open....arghhhhhhhh take your key back out of your pocket....hit the trunk, put it back in your pocket ...rinse and repeat..

-I can't tell you how many times I would forget something in my car and or trunk after closing it...and needing to go through this multiple times at once...

...I'm just totally conditioned to comfort access from years of bmw's and multiple bmw products currently in the line up.... its petty...but It's almost an everyday annoyance.
....but like my wife puts up with my issues...I'm fine to put up with it...b/c the GTS is ready to party.
Bashful The last sentence ftw.