E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > In Boynton beach. Need help with battery

08-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
335ISblk
Private
Rep
Drives: 335IS

In Boynton beach. Need help with battery

Hey guys,

Just moved down here from NY and I have no tools yet nor the know how to deal with a dead battery on a 2011 BMW 335IS. Car is stone cold dead in the garage, I tried trickle charging it and jumping to no avail

I'd prefer not to get the car towed since the DCT is obv stuck in park now and I dont want someone fking up my transmission when they have to drag it out in park.

If someone knows how to install and code new batteries I'd pay you fairly for the time. Name a price.

I still need to actually buy a new battery but haven't figured out what im supposed to get yet. Figured tomorrow I will get the trunk unlocked and see what OEM battery number this is and then buy it online
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
Loo316
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ISblk View Post
Hey guys,

Just moved down here from NY and I have no tools yet nor the know how to deal with a dead battery on a 2011 BMW 335IS. Car is stone cold dead in the garage, I tried trickle charging it and jumping to no avail

I'd prefer not to get the car towed since the DCT is obv stuck in park now and I dont want someone fking up my transmission when they have to drag it out in park.

If someone knows how to install and code new batteries I'd pay you fairly for the time. Name a price.

I still need to actually buy a new battery but haven't figured out what im supposed to get yet. Figured tomorrow I will get the trunk unlocked and see what OEM battery number this is and then buy it online
yo man i can help you out call me 305-206-2663.. i have the tools to register and do the job
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

You can install it without coding and code later. If you have another car, just pick one up and swap, them get it programmer after.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
335ISblk
Private
Rep
Drives: 335IS

Thumbs up Thumbs up 4 Speedy petey mobile automotive (user: Loo316)

Hey guys,

As some of you saw I posted a few days ago that my 2011 335IS battery went stone cold dead here in Boynton Beach. Rather than have it towed to the stealership I used a member's mechanical services who came to my house and did the work right in my garage. He even picked up the battery and came with it! Very fair price all in for battery+install+coding

He was super professional and did the job right. Took him like 20 minutes with proper coding. He had a legit coding platform; yes it was the real deal that the dealerships use. Very impressive. I highly recommend this guy to do your indy work for you.

I will be using again.

Thanks again, man. Well deserved positive review.
Appreciate 0