BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M Performance rear wing

09-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

M Performance rear wing

Starting to order stuff in anticipation of my M2 arriving mid December. Only mod right now that is starting to stress me out is the M Performance rear wing that it looks like a lot of you have. My dealer isn't offering it as a port installed option so I am going to have to figure this out.

- The smallish stock spoiler how hard is this to remove? Is this a typical blue painters tape and nylon pry tool type job?

- From the IND underside pics of the M Performance wing looks pretty straight forward, is BMW's betalink adhesive recommended? required?... that stuff scares me big time

- Overall how hard is this install? Once again it looks like a lot of you have already done this mod, any pointers/tips are much appreciated.

-Ryan
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Planning to do this myself at some point. From everything I've read and DIY videos that I've seen, its not too difficult. Hardest part is getting the stock spoiler off, but fishing line / dental tape seems to do the job....its just getting the glue residue off takes time, and you need to be careful with chemicals used.

To put on the new spoiler, I would just use 3M automotive tape....no need to use Betalink from what I've seen.
Appreciate 1