Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

10-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
lstoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M Competition

New to the area (N. CO)

Just took delivery of a 2016 Sakhir Orange M4 yesterday... Planning out the first couple things I need to get done and hoping any of the Rocky Mountain guys have some tips...

Any rock-solid PPF installation shops in the area? I'm willing to travel to Denver for the proper job. Prefer XPel or Suntek... The shops in and around me don't have great reputations.

Also looking for a set of 19" wheels, I think the M4 just needs that to make things right. Anyone have a takeoff set laying around?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

Welcome to you. Mine is SO/SO, great color. I can't recommend a good local shop. There is a guy in Denver with a great rep, but really pricey.

I did Performance Center Delivery and had Doug at Extreme Colors in Greenville, SC do a full wrap in Xpel. He uses computer cut templates, which I think has some advantages over someone cutting on your car. Anyway, love the Xpel!

Most times I can just run a California Duster over the car, spray quick detailer, and wipe for a showroom new looking car.

Xpel is not perfect, nor is any install. Up close you can easily find the edges of the product, but I think the paint looks as brilliant as it does without. Not all areas can be stretched, nor edges wrapped, but the guys who tinted my car commented that they worked on my car for an hour before they noticed that it had been fully wrapped.

Just for reference, I didn't do the CF roof or trunk lid and was in the mid $4k range. Guy in Denver wanted twice that. Just keep in mind it's a wear product that will eventually need to be replaced.

I have heard EAS in Colorado Springs does good work. Installer is crucially important and I think that someone with experience on this car helps, the front end is a bear.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Here is a picture of the trunk and rear quarter so you can see the difference, I'm probably going to get the trunk done at some point.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #4
lstoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
Welcome to you. Mine is SO/SO, great color. I can't recommend a good local shop. There is a guy in Denver with a great rep, but really pricey.

I did Performance Center Delivery and had Doug at Extreme Colors in Greenville, SC do a full wrap in Xpel. He uses computer cut templates, which I think has some advantages over someone cutting on your car. Anyway, love the Xpel!

Most times I can just run a California Duster over the car, spray quick detailer, and wipe for a showroom new looking car.

Xpel is not perfect, nor is any install. Up close you can easily find the edges of the product, but I think the paint looks as brilliant as it does without. Not all areas can be stretched, nor edges wrapped, but the guys who tinted my car commented that they worked on my car for an hour before they noticed that it had been fully wrapped.

Just for reference, I didn't do the CF roof or trunk lid and was in the mid $4k range. Guy in Denver wanted twice that. Just keep in mind it's a wear product that will eventually need to be replaced.

I have heard EAS in Colorado Springs does good work. Installer is crucially important and I think that someone with experience on this car helps, the front end is a bear.
Thanks for the info, do you know who the guy in Denver is? I completely agree with you. I've had XPel done on about 12-14 of my cars and the installer is absolutely crucial!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Colorado Clear Bra, Arvada CO:
http://www.bestclearbra.com/
720-404-6324

I talked with the guy and he is an "old school" installer who has done many a high-end car. I have not seen his work first hand so can't speak to it personally. When I talked with him, I was looking at Prestige Films ClearGuard Nano product. Funny thing is that even though Prestige Films put me in touch with him, he prefers Xpel and Suntek and tends to use both on the same car due to specific physical and working properties of each film.
Appreciate 0