M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

12-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 | MKIV Supra | Aventador S

AutoTalent Woes

So I took my M5 & M6 to AutoTalent today to have some work done and it essentially ended in disaster, at least for me.

This is the second time I've had an issue from them prioritizing other cars when I've set a date for my car to be there. I typically don't have time to drop my car off at the shop for a few days regardless of how many I own because in the case of my M5, it's my daily.

First issue was with my downpipes where they lagged on the install and then the ER downpipes weren't a perfect match for install so I had to stand around until 10pm while they were trying to finish the job. I get it, but if they hadn't waited until 5pm to start on the car it wouldn't have been as big of an issue ? more time wasted.

Now today my M5 was dropped off at 12 and M6 at 1230 for a job we discussed Tuesday and scheduled Friday. I inquire on status and as of 5pm the cars hadn't been touched on what was supposed to be a same day job ? I leave town tomorrow so that's an issue for me.

I pick the cars up, just off irritation that there isn't even an inclination of when they'd be worked on.

Come to find out, reason my cars were bumped was because they had a 488 that just came in and needed to be lowered prior to being shipped to the buyer on Wednesday.

The fuck does that have to do with me?

All that tells me is that they're taking prioritization regardless of their schedule because it's a Ferrari which is asinine.

Now don't get me wrong because I love Justin and he's been helpful to me since he was at Supreme but every time I deal with AutoTalent they just never have their shit together which is amazing to me.

I have gone to them the few times that I have because they're the closest to me and give me fair pricing. But my time is worth more than what I'm lying at the shop and I'd rather pay more for my time to not be wasted.

To add insult to injury for me, my M5 got scraped an hour after I left, when had they done their job the car would've never been in that time or place for that to occur.

So now not only did I waste time but now I'll waste more money fixing the car.

I'm paying for your time, you shouldn't be wasting mine.

Thanks, AutoTalent.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-05-2016, 10:35 PM   #2
Rogue_fxdl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 / '11 325is/89 325is

I'm knew here and will probably stir some s... up, but I really don't know how I would react to having issues regarding both "my m5 and M6"...sucks having the damage but it the scheme of every day life, I count my blessings.
I worked in a high risk career, retired and was finally able to afford and achieve my first M car which I will pick up this week. Enjoy it while we are here..
You've been on here a lot longer, so no disrespect.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_fxdl View Post
I'm knew here and will probably stir some s... up, but I really don't know how I would react to having issues regarding both "my m5 and M6"...sucks having the damage but it the scheme of every day life, I count my blessings.
I worked in a high risk career, retired and was finally able to afford and achieve my first M car which I will pick up this week. Enjoy it while we are here..
You've been on here a lot longer, so no disrespect.
Nah I mean at the end of the day they're just cars, it's just adding insult to injury after the lag run around with no communication to find out that I got bumped because a Ferrari showed up.

I don't really care that much about the damage to the car because it's replaceable, I care about the day I lost in the process because I value my time.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 11:25 PM   #4
tec333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Can you clarify something..the M5 got scraped while it was at their shop?

You picked up M6 and M5 got scraped an hour later? Or you picked up M5 then you got scraped an hour later and you were driving it?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tec333 View Post
Can you clarify something..the M5 got scraped while it was at their shop?

You picked up M6 and M5 got scraped an hour later? Or you picked up M5 then you got scraped an hour later and you were driving it?
Scraped while parked an hour later elsewhere, but it's moot being that the car would've never been where it was had they not been useless.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 06:12 AM   #6
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Hate it for you, man. What are the other alternatives in your area?
      12-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #7
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Exactly the reason why I'm hesitant about doing aftermarket suspension/flash tune (anything I can't do myself) if you have troubles or complaints ur pretty much stuck with rants either to the shop or on here

Sorry about your troubles. Hope you find a new shop and get it fixed quickly
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #8
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Thanks for the heads up. Their photo gallery of clients' cars are quite impressive, almost too impressive for our M5?? ...lol

Customer service is #1 to me, and like you I HATE having my time wasted.
SSP Spec-R
KW V3/ Corsa Axle back
Appreciate 1
Richy Rich3169.00
      12-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #9
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Sorry for your poor experience. Unfortunately we did have a job on a car that was here before you that took a little longer than expected. If the car had a $10,000 value we would have prioritized it first as well. Doesn't matter if it was a Ferrari, we were just explaining our situation.

You dropped off your cars at 12:30 like mentioned. We have to go back and forth with Pro Tuning Freaks which closes at 3PM Pacific Time as they are on Eastern Time. We took on your job expecting to finish same day but a slight delay with our previous car did not leave us enough time to pull out your 2 ECUs. You also mentioned you were going out of town so it was not a big deal either way. It's not like we could have began working on your car at 2PM and gotten it done. We unfortunately have to coordinate with ProTuning as well. Again, we apologize for this slight delay but it does happen sometimes.

Lastly, your post about you damaging your car after you left and posting up the picture of it is really misleading to other users reading your review thinking it was us. You can leave your review but you could at the least take that part out. Again, we apologize for your experience and hope you can understand.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #10
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
Sorry for your poor experience. Unfortunately we did have a job on a car that was here before you that took a little longer than expected. If the car had a $10,000 value we would have prioritized it first as well. Doesn't matter if it was a Ferrari, we were just explaining our situation.

You dropped off your cars at 12:30 like mentioned. We have to go back and forth with Pro Tuning Freaks which closes at 3PM Pacific Time as they are on Eastern Time. We took on your job expecting to finish same day but a slight delay with our previous car did not leave us enough time to pull out your 2 ECUs. You also mentioned you were going out of town so it was not a big deal either way. It's not like we could have began working on your car at 2PM and gotten it done. We unfortunately have to coordinate with ProTuning as well. Again, we apologize for this slight delay but it does happen sometimes.

Lastly, your post about you damaging your car after you left and posting up the picture of it is really misleading to other users reading your review thinking it was us. You can leave your review but you could at the least take that part out. Again, we apologize for your experience and hope you can understand.
You want to do this Golan?

Ok I'll break down your poor etiquette in time management.

To remove the DME's there are 3 screws, snap connectors, and a couple coolant lines. A job that will take about 15 minutes to achieve. Add another 15 to crack them open ? this could've been done prior to putting springs on the other car.

You know what then works fantastically? You can read and send the files which make it to the company prior to 3pm close.

Meanwhile, while you no longer need to touch either vehicle you can get an entire spring install done and alignment completed before writing the new files over OBD.

So just because you're incapable of adequately managing a company doesn't mean that you can push the blame of your booking woes onto me.

Maybe you should learn to work a calendar than attempt to push blame on my arrival time when I had no time I was told to be there by.

Your inadequacies are yours, not mine.

Also ? trying to argue your faults on the forum are equally poor etiquette. Let someone say they had a miserable experience and keep it moving, because you've now fucked up twice on my cars.

You keep forgetting that I'm not some ignorant client that doesn't know shit about the platform in trying to create fallacies as to why you're unable to do the work in a timely fashion ? me going out of town means I need to leave my car with you for a week which I have no desire to do, because you're incapable of sticking to a deadline. When I'm told a job will be same day, it'll be same day or it's your fault point blank.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #11
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It was so easy, us cavemen did it.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #12
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

Unfortunately Auto Talent is not the only one with such business practices. I've had that experiences with different shops in S. Cal that were always highly recommended.

Supreme does a good job of honoring appointments. EAS has been ok too.
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #13
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119 View Post
Unfortunately Auto Talent is not the only one with such business practices. I've had that experiences with different shops in S. Cal that were always highly recommended.

Supreme does a good job of honoring appointments. EAS has been ok too.
Yeah I had ok experiences with EAS ? I was stuck there all day for downpipes and JB4 on my F80 but Tom apologized repeatedly and made up for the experience, as you'd expect a shop to do to please customers.

Instead I'm being debated on a forum by a useless human that's incapable of accepting responsibility for their lackluster actions.

The different dynamics are amusing but any time I've had issues elsewhere the rebuttal has been far more professional.

My only struggle is how far EAS is from me; most likely converting over to World Motorsports for future work.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy Rich View Post
Yeah I had ok experiences with EAS ? I was stuck there all day for downpipes and JB4 on my F80 but Tom apologized repeatedly and made up for the experience, as you'd expect a shop to do to please customers.

Instead I'm being debated on a forum by a useless human that's incapable of accepting responsibility for their lackluster actions.

The different dynamics are amusing but any time I've had issues elsewhere the rebuttal has been far more professional.

My only struggle is how far EAS is from me; most likely converting over to World Motorsports for future work.

Incapable human? Nice way to speak to someone even though I had nothing to do with your appointment. I apologized and accepted responsibility for your car not being worked on. No need to go that far.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:53 PM   #15
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
Quote:

Incapable human? Nice way to speak to someone even though I had nothing to do with your appointment. I apologized and accepted responsibility for your car not being worked on. No need to go that far.
[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/kf72VE0y7cSys/giphy.gif[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #16
BlackWidow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

In the midst of all the chaos, I bet the guy with the car being worked on before the OP is happy. The work being done wasn't rushed just because they were booked and in an unexpected time crunch. Quality over quantity. I ADMIRE that.

Sometimes you run into issues, more time is needed, and a job runs later than expected. Many people would understand that. Unfortunately for the OP, the circumstance was not in his favor which is understandable too. Blaming them for the scraping of your car is unnecessary though, they had no responsibility for that.

If it counts, I'm sure this won't hurt any future business from me AutoTalent (still need to contact you for putting my stock DP's on). I know my car won't be rushed no matter the work load.

Last edited by BlackWidow; 12-10-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:53 PM   #17
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
In the midst of all the chaos, I bet the guy with the car being worked on before the OP is happy. The work being done wasn't rushed just because they were booked and in an unexpected time crunch. Quality over quantity. I ADMIRE that.

Sometimes you run into issues, more time is needed, and a job runs later than expected. Many people would understand that. Unfortunitely for the OP, the circumstance was not in his favor which is understandable too. Blaming them for you scraping your car is unnecessary though, they had no responsibility for that.

If it counts, I'm sure this won't hurt any future business from me AutoTalent (still need to contact you for putting my stock DP's on). I know my car won't be rushed no matter the work load.
Cause and effect.

Simple concepts are lost on simple minds, I admire you for that.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #18
BlackWidow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Cause and effect.

Sadly, that's not how the concept works.

Cause= Inability to properly operate motor vehicle.
Effect= Scrapes side of car like a moron.

See how that works?

Don't see how that's hard to grasp.

Your childish antics/outcry is pretty self evident that your inability to accept the world doesn't revolve around you and your schedule is hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

They ran into issues with the car before you, so couldn't get to your car in time. Get over it, grow up, and quit being childish.

Now I see where the "BMW driver" stereotype comes from

Last edited by BlackWidow; 12-09-2016 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #19
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Cause and effect.

Sadly, that's not how the concept works.

Cause= Inability to properly operate motor vehicle.
Effect= Scrapes side of car like a moron.

See how that works?

Your childish antics/outcry is pretty self evident that your inability to accept the world doesn't revolve around you and your schedule is hilarious and emarassing at the same time.

They ran into issues with the car before you, so couldn't get to your car in time. Get over it, grow up, and quit being childish.

Now I see where the "BMW driver" stereotype comes from
I didn't cause the damage dipshit, the car was hit while parked in a location it would've never been in had they not, allow me to clarify this for your simple mind...

Put the Ferrari that came in *after* my cars were dropped off ahead of me and done the job they were scheduled to do.

Maybe if you knew every step of the scenario you'd be less of a fucktard in your assumptions.

The same way you don't know of the part where when I pulled up, Sam said "hi Josh, what are you doing here today?"

Clearly nobody knows what the fuck is going on but your remedial peasant ass seems to think that their insisting banter of prior clients is iron clad as to what the actual causation of why they couldn't touch my cars was.

So enjoy your shit shop that you act all high and mighty for with your downpipe removal.

Also: this thread would've already been dead had Golan not decided to jump in to dispose their inaction onto my timing, for their lack of time management, and few would've seen it. So instead of trying to come at me sideways, tell the confrontational shop boy to learn to handle customer complaints competently next time you're there.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #20
BlackWidow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I didn't cause the damage dipshit, the car was hit while parked in a location it would've never been in had they not, allow me to clarify this for your simple mind...

Put the Ferrari that came in *after* my cars were dropped off ahead of me and done the job they were scheduled to do.

Maybe if you knew every step of the scenario you'd be less of a fucktard in your assumptions.

The same way you don't know of the part where when I pulled up, Sam said "hi Josh, what are you doing here today?"

Clearly nobody knows what the fuck is going on but your remedial peasant ass seems to think that their insisting banter of prior clients is iron clad as to what the actual causation of why they couldn't touch my cars was.

So enjoy your shit shop that you act all high and mighty for with your downpipe removal.

Also: this thread would've already been dead had Golan not decided to jump in to dispose their inaction onto my timing, for their lack of time management, and few would've seen it. So instead of trying to come at me sideways, tell the confrontational shop boy to learn to handle customer complaints competently next time you're there.
Nowhere in the comment quoted did I say you scraped the car.

The events are just a reflection of what goes around comes around.

Childish name calling is just justification that your ability to substantiate your disposition like adults do is completely absent.

Have a good day.

Last edited by BlackWidow; 12-09-2016 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #21
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Nowhere in the comment quoted did I say you scraped the car.

The events are just a reflection of what goes around comes around.

Childish name calling is just justification that your ability to substantiate your disposition like adults do is completely absent.

Have a good day.
Nah; that's just the high horse that the faux educated try to retain in formal dialogue knowing they do the same regularly.

End of day debating you is comparable to yelling at a retard for drooling; so in that regard, yes I am an idiot for even engaging your stupidity.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #22
tec333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Yah, bummer your car didn't get done.

But for me I would have rather them not start it either...instead of rushing it and doing a rushed job.

I've had some work done there a few times and been happy with their work. Allignement, coilovers install, wheels and tires mounted.

I didn't see anything wrong with Golan's post, he was simply trying to apologize in behalf of the company and you went ape shit on him. He also just wanted to clarify they did not cause the damage to the car - which is OK coz I also thought your post was misleading and I thought they did that to your car.

I'm actually closer to EAS and Trinity. I've had work done at EAS and have bought stuff there. I was happy with their work but not a fan of their pricing. I prefer autotalent coz I think pricing is a little more fair and quality of work is good. Trinity I visited and have had some things quoted. Happy with experience, pricing was OK but just haven't had anything done there.

I do want to check out Supreme one of these days tho...
Appreciate 0