THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM coding

01-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
wezzie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 330d

coding

I had some nice little touches added to the car today via coding, like door handles lights on when in reverse, one touch door mirrors closure, rear side lights on when running daylights are on, and 1 and 2 chirps on the door open and closure, plus a few other bits and bobs. i am in the bristol/south west area if any one is interested PM me and i can send you an email .....
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 04:50 AM   #2
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzie View Post
I had some nice little touches added to the car today via coding, like door handles lights on when in reverse, one touch door mirrors closure, rear side lights on when running daylights are on, and 1 and 2 chirps on the door open and closure, plus a few other bits and bobs. i am in the bristol/south west area if any one is interested PM me and i can send you an email .....
id like to be able to have rear lights on with side lights
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
Matt-F22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzie View Post
Where did you get it done and how much did they charge? I'm in Plymouth and I'm looking at getting it done by DD Coding in Birmingham.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
wezzie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 330d

coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-F22 View Post
Where did you get it done and how much did they charge? I'm in Plymouth and I'm looking at getting it done by DD Coding in Birmingham.
Hi Matt did you get my PM ??
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
W6DDE
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

Don't mean to hijack a thread but unfortunately unable to create my own but it does regard the same title...

I have an M240i on order for a march and currently looking at all the Coding mods that can be done accept as this is my first BMW, I don't understand what everything is and what 'must have' coding mods are and what are the popular coding mods that people tend to have done.

Also tried searching the web for video's on all options but unfortunately I can't imagine anyone is going to do a video showing you each individual coding mod and show the change of before and after...

I know there is the low fuel warning which I have already in mind as I don't want to be alarmed when I have quarter of a tank left... same goes for seatbelt warning alarm for driver / passenger...

Other than these... can anyone advise of other things?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
Matt-F22
Enlisted Member
Rep

I haven't got round to it on my 2er, but I know what I have in mind for it.

Acoustic beep when locking is handy and sounds pretty cool. Also auto folding mirrors on lock press is handy as well. Saves you holding the lock button. I know it's not much, but tied in with the acoustic lock beep, really helps you walk away from the car knowing full well it's locked!

Door handle light in reverse is good for night time parking, seat belt reminder off, you can get it so it warns you about fuel at 1/8 of a tank instead 1/4.
There's so much more, if you want a quick, easy to understand description, have a look on the Carly BMW coding website. It shows you everything that can be coded with the adapter. But there's a lot more in depth stuff that can be done via a laptop and EOBD cable
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
W6DDE
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

Will have a look at the Carly BMW coding site, thank you.

In terms of folding mirrors... can this be coded if yours isn't specced with folding mirrors as I honestly can't remember seeing an option for speccing that
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
Matt-F22
Enlisted Member
Rep

No worries.

As for the mirrors, don't quote me on this, but I have yet to see a 2012+ BMW without folding mirrors. I'm pretty sure it comes as standard these days!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 02:29 AM   #9
drobbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-F22 View Post
No worries.

As for the mirrors, don't quote me on this, but I have yet to see a 2012+ BMW without folding mirrors. I'm pretty sure it comes as standard these days!

I have a 2016 without folding mirrors.

It's an optional extra which I missed. It can be added on its own or comes standard with electric seats (I think).
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #10
shil
Huh? Wazzat?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

My 2015 does not have folding mirrors. It does have electric seats.
You can't code in folding if there's no motor to move the mirror.
Appreciate 0