Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Breyton GTS Rim - Cracked in half

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Breyton GTS Rim - Cracked in half

Hey guys,

So I have a set of Breyton Race GTS rims on my BMW 335. I was driving (at slower speeds thank God) last week when there was a massive 'bang'. Tobe honest it sounded like a gun shot. Immediately my TPS monitor indicated the rear right tire was at critical pressure levels and I was able to maneuver the car out of traffic and pull over.

At first glance, I thought I had a tire blow-out. Upon removal of the rim later that night when I was able to get a loaner rim, I discovered that the rim actually cracked almost in half.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? And is there anything I can do to get this replaced? If I had been on the highway and the rim failed like this, things could have been a lot worse...

Just to be clear, the rims are a few years old, but are in VERY good condition. I baby my rims, I always avoid pot holes and this rim has no sign at all of bending or warping (front or rear) due to abuse).

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
is there anything I can do to get this replaced?
Buy a new one.
Appreciate 0