E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Monaco Blue Tint - Madico 3000

04-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Monaco Blue Tint - Madico 3000

I decided to get my ride tinted in time for the summer...after a bit of deliberating between 3M, Huper and Madico...I went with what the most reputable (i.e.- best warranty) shop in the area carried, which was Madico Ceramic 35%. Overall, I'm really happy with how it looks...totally exceeded my expectations. The limit here is only 50% in the front, but I'll take my chances with the po-po

The heat reduction of the madico ceramic is quite nice, but I used V-Kool on the sunroof, as it does better with IR rejection and wasn't as dark of a film as the madico. The windows are a lot darker than I thought they were going to be. Even the tech was a bit surprised, given that it was a 35% tint. Perhaps the angle of the windows, or factory tint has something to do with it...

Anyway..here are some quick pictures.

Before:

After:

I need to clean those finger prints left by the shop

Some distance shots

When I get some time, I'll have to wash the car and take some better shots.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
cooldude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

nice,
i too am thinking of tinting my car but no clue what all shades are available in market. any place where i could see a gallery ?
      04-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
David@Sonic MS
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: MP4-12C

nice. I might need one preety soon... nice work
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
looks good. i'm not sure how thick madico is... but i know huper optik isn't a very friendly tint to work on for the rear windshield of 335is because of the glass curvature and the overall thickness of the film. not alot of people know that huper optik was originally for buildings... thats why they're so thick yet good for visible light and UV rejection... but from my other tint shop, madico seems to be a good choice for alot of people.

& are those m wheels? so rare to see those in the states... i was hoping somebody with an e90 would also get the m-spider spoked...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
looks good. i'm not sure how thick madico is... but i know huper optik isn't a very friendly tint to work on for the rear windshield of 335is because of the glass curvature and the overall thickness of the film. not alot of people know that huper optik was originally for buildings... thats why they're so thick yet good for visible light and UV rejection... but from my other tint shop, madico seems to be a good choice for alot of people.

& are those m wheels? so rare to see those in the states... i was hoping somebody with an e90 would also get the m-spider spoked...
Thanks! Yeah, the madico is a very thin tint, especially compared to HO...but I think it gives it a slight advantage when dealing with dot matrix. I can't really comment on the overall tint job yet since it's still curing, but so far so good. The techs working on my car did say that the madico is a very fragile tint... I think it gave them a hard time on my rear window.

I have the M225 wheels...I had to get them shipped here from Germany, but I really like the look, even if they are a complete pain in the to clean.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
dragonfly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Dayummmm....looks awesome. I'm so jealous of your wheels. I shouldn't buy them. I know I shouldn't. I really shouldn't.

Tint does look dark from some angles but when the sun is out, it'll look much lighter. It's classy, it doesn't look ghetto, you're good to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #7
Andro07
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing Now

Nice! How much did you pay for the 225M Wheels if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro07 View Post
Nice! How much did you pay for the 225M Wheels if you don't mind me asking?
Not at all...The whole set with emblems was $2,125...~20% off MSRP. It did take about a month to get them, but I guess that's what happens when you need to clear customs.
Appreciate 0