E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Portland pothole hell = blown tire - stuck in PDX overbite

02-22-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

Hi everyone-

It's been awhile since I've posted on the forum, but I'm reaching out to any fellow member that might be able come to the rescue.

I was supposed to head back to Seattle tonight but hit a major pothole on SW Macadan after dinner, near our hotel. The front driver rim's edge actually punctured the RFT sidewall, ripping the rubber and exposing the steel cables underneath. I got the message telling me the obvious - tire has lost pressure and drive slowly.

I limped back to the hotel garage and found out that Portland BMW had just closed for the evening. I was thinking of using the jack and wrench in the trunk to take the rim off, ask the dealer courtesy shuttle to pick me up with rim, get a new tire mounted, and then return back to hotel to mount it all back up. Big problem... there's no damn jack and/or wrench in the trunk!!!

I'm gonna call the dealer when they open at 7a and see what they advise/can do. But can anyone let me borrow a jack and wrench to help make this happen? I'm hoping the dealer has the Bridgestone 050A 225/40-18 in stock as well. I know tomorrow's a work dat, so I realize this is a long shot.

Any help or suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

-Alex

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
r4dr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various BMWs

You should be able to get a tire of some sort from any tire shop. Is there a specific reason you want to go to the dealer?

Worst case is a quick tow to a tire shop. I've used Northside Towing before with great results.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #3
PNWN54
MR. Rocket
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98005xi View Post
Hi everyone-

It's been awhile since I've posted on the forum, but I'm reaching out to any fellow member that might be able come to the rescue.

I was supposed to head back to Seattle tonight but hit a major pothole on SW Macadan after dinner, near our hotel. The front driver rim's edge actually punctured the RFT sidewall, ripping the rubber and exposing the steel cables underneath. I got the message telling me the obvious - tire has lost pressure and drive slowly.

I limped back to the hotel garage and found out that Portland BMW had just closed for the evening. I was thinking of using the jack and wrench in the trunk to take the rim off, ask the dealer courtesy shuttle to pick me up with rim, get a new tire mounted, and then return back to hotel to mount it all back up. Big problem... there's no damn jack and/or wrench in the trunk!!!

I'm gonna call the dealer when they open at 7a and see what they advise/can do. But can anyone let me borrow a jack and wrench to help make this happen? I'm hoping the dealer has the Bridgestone 050A 225/40-18 in stock as well. I know tomorrow's a work dat, so I realize this is a long shot.

Any help or suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

-Alex
Did you mean SW Macadam near downtown area? The potholes are outrageous in Portland area. There's lots of used tire shops you can find a matching tire with same tread wear. Also, if you're cars not lowered, we can find you a jack to get it lifted for the time being.
|2010 E92 335i 6MT\\\M-Sport///225M 19" Rims, MHD PTF Stg 2+, Fuel IT Stage 2 LPFP, VRSF Downpipes, CDV Delete, ER CP & 5" IC, Forge DV, PE Modded Mufflers, BMS DCI & Cowl Delete, CYBA Tips, ST Coils, M3 Control Arms, E93 M3 Sway Bar, Michelin PSS|
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
328inOR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I feel for ya. They are TERRIBLE! I recently had my car serviced by BMW Portland and they delivered the car to my wife in Oregon City. I was terrified that my wheels were going to be destroyed by them hitting pot holes when delivering the car.