E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Supersport exhaust

02-27-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
fishbone
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Supersport exhaust

Hi guys, i know that there are so many threads where people are talking about the best exhaust in their opinion.

Lets not deny it, the 335i have one terrible exhaust sound its embarassing sometimes.
So while i am doing mybresesrch i found this video jn the below link for the supersprint exhaust..

The car sounds amazing, so my question here, have anyone in the forum installed this exhaust, if yes how much was it and does it really sound as good as the video ?

Any information would be appreciated

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

I dont think the 335i sounds bad at all in stock form.. a secondary cat delete is enough for most people in terms of sound.

personally, I think the best exhaust setup is a downpipe with a secondary cat delete and stock muffler. quiet and no drone when cruising, but very loud and sounds amazing when you accelerate.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
vivaladav
Ether
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 Msport

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [9.50]
I thought the car sounded like a BMW performance exhaust nothing crazy.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #4
fishbone
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
I dont think the 335i sounds bad at all in stock form.. a secondary cat delete is enough for most people in terms of sound.

personally, I think the best exhaust setup is a downpipe with a secondary cat delete and stock muffler. quiet and no drone when cruising, but very loud and sounds amazing when you accelerate.

I was driving a v8 before i switch back to the six so the sound is one of my main concerns , i already installed vrsf 3" catless dps but still not satisfied .
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 12:33 AM   #5
fishbone
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaladav View Post
I thought the car sounded like a BMW performance exhaust nothing crazy.
Well since you mentioned it now i can hear it but i guess this will be cheaper than tge perdormance exhaust ?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #6
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post
Well since you mentioned it now i can hear it but i guess this will be cheaper than tge perdormance exhaust ?
delete your secondary cats and do the "PE MOD" to your stock muffler - you'll be satisfied.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #7
fishbone
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
delete your secondary cats and do the "PE MOD" to your stock muffler - you'll be satisfied.
Excuse my ignorance but what is the PE mod ?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is the PE mod ?
ah, not as common as I thought.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647138

here is a link on it. it was inspired by the e9x m3 guys who removing the perforated piping leading to the muffler exit and replaced it with just regular stainless steel piping. apparently no reduction in backpressure and a low, deep tone without being overly loud or drone - definitely different from stock though.

anyway, It can done on any BMW muffler. It started off in the M3 forum but LOTS of 335i guys have done it and you can find links online, it does sound quite good and similar to a full PE catback. its quite unheard of for the 328i muffler, but doable if you just find a shop that will do it.

Honestly, theres really no point in a full catback setup for any BMW car. the design and piping quality of the stock catbacks is really quite good with the only real restrictions being primary/secondary cats and the OEM muffler.

I've already done a secondary cat delete on my car (retained the factory resonator, absolutely zero drone with stock muffler)

I recently installed a magnaflow muffler in place of my OEM one and it sounds great. not too loud and very little drone. It's a good way to take advantage of your stock catback while spending much less then a full exhaust setup and retaining all the sound and free-flowing properties.

anyways, IMO the best setup for a 335i is downpipe, secondary cat delete and stock muffler. It will be quiet when cruising around (no drone) but is pretty damn loud when you step on it. i've heard this setup before in person myself.

but the most important thing here is to keep your factory resonator.
Appreciate 0