E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Missing Key fob menu

02-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
Homeless_Trillionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue e90

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.00]
Question Missing Key fob menu

Ok so i have been look everywhere for an answer and can't find anything. i check here youtube everywhere. Im talking bout the option on the cluster the one with the key and check mark, i don't seem to have it, is it becasue my car (06 325i) doesn't come with that option. I've seen same models with that option and ability. Do i need to get ut coded in, do i need a soft wear update on my car? or am i doing something wrong ? i hope i can get some help with this. i will include some pictures to show exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

Dont have this one
Name:  d708fe0b.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  45.1 KB

This is the only option i have with the "key" picture
Name:  junk.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  87.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Certain menus cannot be accessed while the car is in motion. The key fob menu in your pictures is one of them. Have you tried accessing the menus while the car is completely stationary? Is that the only menu missing?
      02-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
Homeless_Trillionaire
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_330i View Post
Certain menus cannot be accessed while the car is in motion. The key fob menu in your pictures is one of them. Have you tried accessing the menus while the car is completely stationary? Is that the only menu missing?
Yes I've tried it while the car is stationary. never tired to access it while the car is in motion. I'm pretty sure thats the only menu missing. i dont know what kind of menus the car should come with as i just got the car about 3 weeks ago. my first BMW i do know a a good about of things about BMW but this... this right here i can't seem to figure out
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless_Trillionaire View Post
Yes I've tried it while the car is stationary. never tired to access it while the car is in motion. I'm pretty sure thats the only menu missing. i dont know what kind of menus the car should come with as i just got the car about 3 weeks ago. my first BMW i do know a a good about of things about BMW but this... this right here i can't seem to figure out
That is strange. My only issues with accessing those menus have been my own fault, because I was driving while trying to edit them.

If you got the car 3 weeks ago, you must have bought it used. Did it come with two key fobs? What happens if you flip through the menus with the other key?

EDIT: perhaps this post might help you http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222131
Basically, make sure you have the ignition set to the correct status. Your dashboard lights should illuminate but the engine should be off.
      02-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #5
Homeless_Trillionaire
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_330i View Post
That is strange. My only issues with accessing those menus have been my own fault, because I was driving while trying to edit them.

If you got the car 3 weeks ago, you must have bought it used. Did it come with two key fobs? What happens if you flip through the menus with the other key?

EDIT: perhaps this post might help you http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222131
Basically, make sure you have the ignition set to the correct status. Your dashboard lights should illuminate but the engine should be off.
Yea it's used and it only came with one key fob. So do u think that this is the spare key fob and that's the reason if won't let me access that menu? I've tried that where ther car is on with all the lights are on and the engine isn't running. Still nothing
Appreciate 0