E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Pre-Painted Aero Lip

03-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Rsoxs19
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Pre-Painted Aero Lip

I was wondering if anyone has bought a pre-painted aero lip off eBay like this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10-E92-E9...1VqCdR&vxp=mtr I bought one that wasn't painted a got a quote of $400 to have it painted by a local body shop. That seems kind of high right? Anyways, should I just cut my losses and order the pre-painted one for less than it would cost me to have my current one painted?
      03-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Don't buy a pre-painted lip. I have had two aero lips. The first I had to get painted locally and it wasn't cheap. Then I needed a new one and I bought a cheap pre-painted one on eBay. I was happy when it arrived as the paint matched! The fitment was crappy but whatever. However, I've had it for awhile and the paint chips so easily. It looks terrible and I've touched it up and it still looks bad. So just buy an unpainted one or you'll regret it.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
r4dr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various BMWs

Good paint work costs $$ because there's more work involved in prepping than you think. Plus if you're very skilled at something... why would you do it for cheap?

If you want it to last and not peel or bubble, plus actually match your car's paint, +1 on the recommendation to buy an unpainted one.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
jcut825
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

I ordered a pre painted lip last month off eBay (xpert tuning) and the product is horrible. What upsets me the most is that all of the ads claim perfect guaranteed fitment and professional paint. However, nothing is guaranteed and you get what you pay for. The paint work looks ok but nothing is sanded or primed so it chips and peels from the edges before you even put it on the car. I've never refuted anything on eBay but when I contacted the seller asking to return the product they asked me for my vehicle make, model number and year. The seller then removed my specific configuration from his active listing and reported to eBay that I could not return the product because the product wasn't even compatible with my car. (Confusing because every pre lci e92 was listed as supported except the 2009 328i with xDrive..). eBay fell for this trick and sided with the seller causing me hours on the phone explaining my case. Ultimately eBay checked their logs, and admitted that the seller modified the listing after I purchased the item. Just recently I was issued a full refund without having to return the item (shipping is more than it's worth). Long story short it's not worth the effort I haven't / won't even install this on my car it's trash :
Appreciate 1
bimmette6453.50