F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New F30 330e questions
ARMA SPEED

04-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
re4ryu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Efficientdynamics

New F30 330e questions

Hi there,

I'm due to order a 330e iperformance soon in M-sport, and wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding its options.

First off, does the car come with Enhanced Bluetooth audio as standard? I watched a youtube video of someone who got a 330e msport last year, and he showed it was included in his car, even though he did not specify it as an option. I've checked online and it is available for an option (i think its approx. £400 or so), but people appear to be getting it free, so would like to confirm here.

Secondly, its a shame that the car doesn't come with the leather sport auto gear shifter and has the standard plastic backed one, even though it comes with paddle shifters as well (which are usually part of the sport auto 2TB option). Has anyone been able to get the sport knob through say, a special request through the dealer? The two shifters are mechanically the same, its just a cosmetic difference and some slight coding which sets them apart really. People have been able to retrofit this (i think), but I'd rather not get it aftermarket as I dont want to risk cracking the trim around the shifter, even though its quite easy to change... plus it costs too much for something that should be able to be done much cheaper or even free from factory.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by re4ryu View Post
Hi there,

I'm due to order a 330e iperformance soon in M-sport, and wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding its options.

First off, does the car come with Enhanced Bluetooth audio as standard? I watched a youtube video of someone who got a 330e msport last year, and he showed it was included in his car, even though he did not specify it as an option. I've checked online and it is available for an option (i think its approx. £400 or so), but people appear to be getting it free, so would like to confirm here.

Secondly, its a shame that the car doesn't come with the leather sport auto gear shifter and has the standard plastic backed one, even though it comes with paddle shifters as well (which are usually part of the sport auto 2TB option). Has anyone been able to get the sport knob through say, a special request through the dealer? The two shifters are mechanically the same, its just a cosmetic difference and some slight coding which sets them apart really. People have been able to retrofit this (i think), but I'd rather not get it aftermarket as I dont want to risk cracking the trim around the shifter, even though its quite easy to change... plus it costs too much for something that should be able to be done much cheaper or even free from factory.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
I would get a used active hybrid 3 instead as it comes with the N55. The 330e is a plug in hybrid so it depends on if you prefer better gas mileage. As far as Bluetooth I would be surprised if it didn't have streaming audio.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 04:28 AM   #3
tsn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi
When shifting to sport/sport+ - does the shocks/dampers stiffen up - or is it just the steering that gets heavier?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 05:43 AM   #4
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_sn View Post
Hi
When shifting to sport/sport+ - does the shocks/dampers stiffen up - or is it just the steering that gets heavier?
330e doesn't have the adaptive suspension option so definitely no change to them. Steering gets ridiculously heavy in sports mode though so I just have mine set to drivetrain, which is better for throttle response and sharpness.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0