BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

05-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
behemveh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 6MT SG

Scratch in Nav Plastic

When the sun hit the plastic nav screen in my car this morning I noticed a scratch about an inch long. It wouldn't rub out with a microcloth or, er, spit.

Also, I can't even feel it and am wondering if it might be on the inside! Anyone ever run across a situation like this or have a suggestion on how to either fix or tell on which surface it is? I would think the dealer would fix it if it's on the inside since that's a quality control issue. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything I did either as I haven't even had to clean the interior yet.

It's not a big deal, but once you know something is there it can be hard to ignore ..

Thanks!

Last edited by behemveh; 05-01-2008 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

If it's on the outside you should be able to feel it with your finger nail. If it is then get yourself some polish they sell for polishing out scratches on a cell phone screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
behemveh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 6MT SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
If it's on the outside you should be able to feel it with your finger nail. If it is then get yourself some polish they sell for polishing out scratches on a cell phone screen.
Yeah, that's what I thought and I can't feel anything so I bet it's on the inside. I'll ask the dealer about it. Though, not sure I would want the dash disassembled for this.. but it looks there are some screws above the plastic that would allow the cover to be replaced pretty easily.
Appreciate 0