XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

06-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
mcdanielvzw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
Passenger mirror removal from arm

'Evening everyone,
My passenger mirror was broken off by some road debris from a car in front of me (how it only hurt that, I can't fathom), and I was able to purchase the entire passenger assembly for a good discount compared to just the mirror (I have power mirrors with heater and auto-dim functionality which are over $300 each). Does anyone have an easy way to remove the mirror from the arm/mirror motor, without having to destroy the arm assembly? I got the plastic cover off no problem, but can't see a way to get the mirror off without cutting this assembly. I was hoping I could sell the spare arm and make back some money.

If you look at this page you can see how the mirror would attach to the motor via the 2nd pic.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51167285010/
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #2
mcdanielvzw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
Neeeeevermind. I was able to use a paint stick to pry the mirror off the motor arm, if anyone in the future is in the same situation.
Appreciate 0