F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > My "new" 335 GT
ARMA SPEED

07-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
Deli
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

My "new" 335 GT

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to thank you for all the advice that was given in my other thread. After 5 months of searching, I purchased a used 2014 335 GT with basically every bell and whistle on it and only 37k miles on the odometer for around $3500 less than the closest similar car. Although everyone recommended CPO, the deal was just too good to pass up and the PPI and maintenance records all checked out fine. Since it was pre-June 2014 purchase when new, the remainder of the warranty transfers to me, so I need to decide now if I want to extend the warranty or just put the money in a fund for a rainy day if repairs are needed.

I've been driving it for about 2 weeks now and although I'll miss the "go-kart" feel of my Fiesta ST, I have to say the GT is pretty amazing in how comfortable, sporty, and practical it is. So far I'm a very happy man and my wife loves it.

The only things I need now are to figure out how to haul my mountain bike (roof rack, hitch, or just tarp with seats folded down?) and to get a set of winter tires which I'll try and post another thread to buy used. Let me know if there are any other recommendations and looking forward to reading up on the threads already created.

Cheers,

Adam
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

If you have AS tires you might want to try it in the winter before investing in winter tires. My GT works better, by a huge margin, in snow with stock AS than any RWD or FWD with winters ever did. You'll get opposing opinions, but if they come from those without XDrive they don't count.
On the warranty, drive train yes, the rest no. On the cargo I'd add a rack if you need rear passenger room, otherwise just a WeatherTech cargo liner. Get WeatherTech liners for the floors too, if you don't already have them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
Deli
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
If you have AS tires you might want to try it in the winter before investing in winter tires. My GT works better, by a huge margin, in snow with stock AS than any RWD or FWD with winters ever did. You'll get opposing opinions, but if they come from those without XDrive they don't count.
On the warranty, drive train yes, the rest no. On the cargo I'd add a rack if you need rear passenger room, otherwise just a WeatherTech cargo liner. Get WeatherTech liners for the floors too, if you don't already have them.
Mine came with the summer tires on 19 inch wheels so I figure I'll get a set of dedicated winter tires on 18's. That way I have a bit more rubber to protect the wheels from potholes. I'll look into the weathertech, but I've heard good things. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

If you've got summer tires then winter tires make sense. I wouldn't rule out 17s for those, both the tires and wheels will be even more resistant to pothole damage, and you can probably find used 17 inch wheels at a good price from someone who went to a larger size. You'd just have to be sure they'll fit the MSport brakes.
Appreciate 0