Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > run flat sensors

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-09-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
david.rowlands
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

run flat sensors

this message is for anybody thinking of fitting normal tyres to a car running runflats, i just had my e92 coupe fitted with m6 wheels and people told me I would need the sensors on the wheel it appears BMW has 2 systems because i've fitted non run flats with no sensors or anything and i didn't get any run flat alarm, the sensors on euro spec cars must be in the hub itself as part of the ABS system. I think this coz one of the guys from the states told be he needed to take his sensors from the old rims to the new.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
Bukabi
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 520d

The US spec cars have individual rim sensors that tell which tyre is flat, where the "rest of the world" just tells that a tyre is flat.

At least this is what the tour guide at the Rosslyn plant in SA said.
Appreciate 0