THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning SSK Install Issue

08-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
9t2hoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 Cayman S

SSK Install Issue

So I got the UUC Evo3 short shift kit installed this week and I now notice the sounds of the transmission coming into the cabin (for example, whirring, spinning sounds). I'm not sure if this is normal. At first, I thought I was just hearing the ASD and I coded it off with BimmerCode. But the noise is still there. I wonder if the all-metal, exceptionally solid construction of the Evo3 is transmitting sounds that the OEM shifter was dampening. Any thoughts?

By the way, the feel of the Evo3 is great. That makes me think the install was done correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9t2hoo View Post
So I got the UUC Evo3 short shift kit installed this week and I now notice the sounds of the transmission coming into the cabin (for example, whirring, spinning sounds). I'm not sure if this is normal. At first, I thought I was just hearing the ASD and I coded it off with BimmerCode. But the noise is still there. I wonder if the all-metal, exceptionally solid construction of the Evo3 is transmitting sounds that the OEM shifter was dampening. Any thoughts?

By the way, the feel of the Evo3 is great. That makes me think the install was done correctly.
It's entirely possible it is transferring more of the vibrations/noise. Was there any sort of rubber gasket that you removed from the shifter opening that maybe didn't make it back on?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #3
9t2hoo
Private First Class
Rep

I had a shop do it, so I don't know. But UUC markets the Evo3 by touting its use of a metal bearing, which is supposed to be more precise than a plastic piece in the OEM shifter.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #4
9t2hoo
Private First Class
Rep

Now that I've had the UUC shifter for about 10 days

I should point out that the feel is amazing. While there may be some more noise, I don't regret this mod at all. It is so much better than the stock shifter.
Appreciate 0