F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coding around Derby.
proTUNING Freaks

08-22-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
Revoltos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

Coding around Derby.

Hi all, regular forum browser here but don't post much due to there being far more intelligent and informed members on here! Speaking of intelligence, I am seeking help from someone who has skills in coding. I've got the cable and Esys on my laptop but cant seem to put what I see on forums etc into practice. I want to code the inner indicator part of my LCI rears but cant find a decent step by step guide. Its on a 13 plate 335i. I brought Carly as well and have done a few odds and sods with that but it will not code my Kombi for some strange reason. I've also got an I-drive touch controller to go in with hand writing module although I need to pick up the K-can lines behind the NBT first. Is there anyone local-ish that can help? I am quite happy to drive out to someone who is a million miles away. Of course a tip or beer tokens is what I have to offer.
Cheers

John.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #2
vorph
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

First question, did you connected those indicators to REM?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 08:00 AM   #3
Revoltos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi vorph. Yes I did connect them to the REM module using the retrofit harness you can get. The inners all work fine (brake lights, tail light, fog & reverse etc) I understand the REM needs to be coded to turn on two extra pins for indicator signal on the inners? I've used Carly to turn of all the bulb checks already. Its the coding bit that I am unsure about. I am more mechanical than electrical I guess :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
vorph
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

Those inner indicators should works straight away without any coding. Where did you connect those two wires, let me know plug numbers and pins positions.
If you want, PM me with photo.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #5
Revoltos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The BMW retro fit PDF is what I followed along with using the BMW retro fit cable, I have connected to pins 13 & 5 on the plug that connect into REM. (Double checked that yesterday and they are correct but no power on those pins with hazrads on so it kind of leads me to think the issue is to do with the REM programming.

The coding aspect that is required is to add HELC to HO-Wort?

I actually found a post on a thread yesterday in which people have carried out the retro fit as per BMW's guide including the coding and the inner indicators still don't work so they just piggy back the outer light indicator feeds from the REM to power the inners. Bit of a bodge in my view but it gets them working.
Appreciate 0